• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic book show can you recommend for 2017?

42 posts in this topic

Ok, I have wrote a short list of places I see on posts. In order of high to low based in what I am seeing online.

I am more interested in going to a real comic book featured shows for one day or two days. My intention plan is to fly over, visit this show, stay overnight at local motel or hotel, buy comic books, take them home fly back. All within on weekend. That is it.

While I am going as a collector, I am also a small time dealer (I do local hometown cons here). So I may hope to try find reasonable deals to buy some books to bring. I have few clients with requests. That is why my comic budget is going be in 4 digits. :luhv:

SDCC is out as it is not the con I remembered before, too way big for me and is not what I would want if I am looking for comics. I have been there 5 times in the 1990s and it was good for me. Sorry.

List of places:

1) California Comic Con - Yorba Linda,CA. January 29th (is there other more dates later?)

2) Baltimore Comic Con - September 22-24th.

3) Charlotte Comic Con - (March 12th, August 20th or Dec 17th)

4) Wizard World Chicago comic con - Aug 24-27th

I want to visit California Comic Con show to see what kind of show it. I read from past posts here how good it was. However, it only list January 29th. If I go to that date, my budget will be small and limited. I prefer go there at a later date to allow my budget grow bigger. I want to go with a fat wallet! lol

Baltimore Comic Con looks good and I had seen the guest list. Saw Stan Sakai on there :luhv: among few other artists. That moves Baltimore up on list. I want to try get a few sketches from them. And have some bit of fun.

Charlotte Comic Con, how was it like? What airport is nearest to it? How much is the hotel rates?

Thanks! (thumbs u

1) California Comic Con - Yorba Linda,CA. January 29th (is there other more dates later?)

Nope. It's a one day show that happens once a year.

It was a lot more crowded last year than the years prior.

Really? I seem to have seen someone here had hosted the little one day show twice this year in California. Or was I delicious gone wonky in my brain?

I believe you're confused but the con in Charlotte people are mentioning is not:

3) Charlotte Comic Con - (March 12th, August 20th or Dec 17th)

but what people mean is Heroes Con in Charlotte. The 2017 dates are June 16-18 - http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/

This is correct.

Closest airport to Charlotte is Charlotte-Douglass in Charlotte (CLT). Its a major hub, so you should be able to get relatively inexpensive flights.

Nope. It's a one day show that happens once a year.

It was a lot more crowded last year than the years prior.

Really? I seem to have seen someone here had hosted the little one day show twice this year in California. Or was I delicious gone wonky in my brain?

I think you are thinking of our Berkeley show. We have the wantlist feature so we really could hook you up for your clients. I could also arrange a few store or warehouse visits for you if you were going to make a 2-3 day visit to the Bay Area. Plus it's a short flight.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Baltimore show. While I have never been to see for myself, everyone appears to rave about it.

When it comes to NY... I am slowly losing interest as a buyer. In 2017, I may skip the floor all together and just attend panels... if I can get in.

NYCC panels were tight this year, if you could get in. However, I think the overall crowding issue was MUCH better than than it was at it's worst around 2013 and 2014 IMHO.

While it is a Wizard show, you really ought to consider Wizard World Chicago in late August. It is always a great show for books.

I would second this...if you can go to only one show a year, WWChicago would be THE show.

Jim

Get that Nexus pass yet? :taptaptap:

While it is a Wizard show, you really ought to consider Wizard World Chicago in late August. It is always a great show for books.

I would second this...if you can go to only one show a year, WWChicago would be THE show.

Jim

When I say I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it. :sumo:

JJ

Jim

JJ

So sensitive lol

Andre won't let you in his car otherwise.

Jim

JJ

So sensitive lol

Andre won't let you in his car otherwise.

Nexus :cloud9:

Fan Boy,

I recommend buying at the Vancouver (thumbs u Comic Show in Feb, 2017 which already sold out of all 140 vendor's tables in the expanded 2 halls.

That might be true in partly. I'd be selling as well in there. This thread I wrote is in looking for some fresh stock to bring in Vancouver here. And a few new additions toward my personal collection.

Looks like I can't go to CalComicCon this January. But Baltimore is doable I hope.

Never been to Chicago, but always hear good things.

Baltimore and Heroes are both good, but I think Baltimore gets the slight edge as I've found the books selection slightly better. But, you can't go wrong with either. And Charlotte is a nicer city overall than B'more.

Baltimore and Heroes are both good, but I think Baltimore gets the slight edge as I've found the books selection slightly better. But, you can't go wrong with either. And Charlotte is a nicer city overall than B'more.

.... the OP mentioned bringing the wife for an extended vacation.... with that in mind, Baltimore offers it's Aquarium (world class...), the Geppi Museum, plus close proximity to Washington D.C. with the National Zoo and the Smithsonian.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... the OP mentioned bringing the wife for an extended vacation.... with that in mind, Baltimore offers it's Aquarium (world class...), the Geppi Museum, plus close proximity to Washington D.C. with the National Zoo and the Smithsonian.... GOD BLESS...

Definitely "more to do" in B'more and surrounding areas than Charlotte.

Who is "my wife" you were saying? I did not know I have one. I wouldn't mind have one if you know a lady for me? :grin:

We could have more fun in the museum!

Definitely "more to do" in B'more and surrounding areas than Charlotte.

Take "The Wire" tour of Baltimore, lots to do and see. Stringer Bell 4 LIFE!