• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me finish my key/grail list

72 posts in this topic

Some list good luck with that :wishluck:

Like I said... I will not own probably a fraction of this list. It's a pipe dream, but i will be able to pluck away at it. I don't plan on ever coming nearing completion of the list. But I'll spend the rest of my life trying to get as close as I can!

First villains too?

Absolutely. Mainly notable villains, not the ones that where one and done, but yes villains as well.

Our Army at War #83

Sgt. Fury #1

Sgt. Fury #13

This list might make a little more sense if you sub-divided a little. For example you have "keys" mixed with " grails" mixed with " Holy grails" which are the corner stones of collecting.

Just saying.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

Our Army at War #83

Sgt. Fury #1

Sgt. Fury #13

This list might make a little more sense if you sub-divided a little. For example you have "keys" mixed with " grails" mixed with " Holy grails" which are the corner stones of collecting.

Just saying.

This makes sense. I made the thread originally with keys in mind, and everything on that list right now are holy grails to me. I'll edit the name to reflect the direction this thread is heading. Again, I'm a little noobish still. Have been collecting mostly moderns in the last 2+ years, and I'm ready to start on some key collecting.

Edited by Warcrawl

Star Reach 1. First Direct Sales comic.

I thought it was Dazzler #1

I was going to ask that as well but Dazzler was when Direct became mainstream if you will. Was it Carol Kalish that started that?

It existed before then.

Our Army at War #83

Sgt. Fury #1

Sgt. Fury #13

Just saying.

This makes sense. I made the thread originally with keys in mind, and everything on that list right now are holy grails to me. I'll edit the name to reflect the direction this thread is heading. Again, I'm a little noobish still. Have been collecting mostly moderns in the last 2+ years, and I'm ready to start on some key collecting.

Alot of this information is currently in print in the annual OPG in list form.

Also GSXM #1 and X-men #94 could go on your list.

Off the top of my head the list you have compiled would go for around 5 million $ right now. lol

Go for the obtainable larger keys first.

I would rather have one comic featuring the first appearance of a A level character than a dozen first appearances of C level characters.

Our Army at War #83

Sgt. Fury #1

Sgt. Fury #13

Just saying.

Alot of this information is currently in print in the annual OPG in list form.

Also GSXM #1 and X-men #94 could go on your list.

Off the top of my head the list you have compiled would go for around 5 million $ right now. lol

Like I said, life long list. Probably won't ever complete it. But I'll pluck at it a little bit. Hopefully I have a few decades left in me.

I would rather have one comic featuring the first appearance of a A level character than a dozen first appearances of C level characters.

Exactly right Buzz.

Marvel Spotlight 32 ;)

Exactly right Buzz.

Marvel Spotlight 32 ;)

lol

"ASM 252 and 300 - First Venom/Eddie Brock"

The first black costume for Spidey was Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars Vol. 1 #8 and the first appearance of Eddie Brock was ASM 297.

ASM 252 was the first black costume in ASM and tied with Marvel Team Up 141 and Spectacular Spider-Man 90 for the first black costume in a regular title.

Also...

ASM - 3, 4, 6, 14 (First Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard, Green Goblin)

F.F. 5 (First Doctor Doom)

JIM 85 - (First Loki and Odin)

JIM 88 - (First Full Odin)

TTA - 27 (First Antman)

TTA - 35 (First Antman in Costume)

TTA - 49 (First Giant Man)

The X-Men - 4 (First Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch)

Good Luck on your quest and enjoy!

The ASM collection of first appearances is actually quite impressive.

Punisher

Venom

Kingpin

Scorpion

Sandman

Lizard

Electro

Carnage

Dr Octopus

Green Goblin - Norman Osborn

Chameleon

Kraven