• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me finish my key/grail list

72 posts in this topic

"ASM 252 and 300 - First Venom/Eddie Brock"

The first black costume for Spidey was Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars Vol. 1 #8 and the first appearance of Eddie Brock was ASM 297.

ASM 252 was the first black costume in ASM and tied with Marvel Team Up 141 and Spectacular Spider-Man 90 for the first black costume in a regular title.

1f2506.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

ASM 252 is the first appearance of the black costume. Weeks later, the costume appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up. Months later - actually after Spidey discovered the truth and got rid of the symbiote - the story of how he got the costume was told in MSHSW 8.

Venom('s arm) first appeared in shadows, messing with Peter/Spider-Man, in Web of Spider-Man 18 and 24.

Eddie Brock's completely shadowed body (1 panel), mostly shadowed face (1 panel) and bare hands (being covered by the symbiote over 3 panels) first appeared at the end of ASM 298.

ASM 300 is Venom's first full appearance.

Pep 26 - first Veronica (Betty and Jughead also in #22)

Amazing Adventures #1 (first Dr. Droom, first Marvel hero series)

Adventure #247 (first Legion of Superheroes)

Superboy #68 (first Bizarro)

Action #242 (first Brainiac)

Action #252 (first Supergirl)

Detective #359 (first SA Batgirl)

Airboy #3 (first Heap; comics' first swamp monster)

House of Secrets #92 (first Swamp Thing)

Archie's Pals N' Gals #23 (first Josie)

Archie's Madhouse #22 (first Sabrina the teenage witch)

Josie and the Pussycats #45 (first Pussycats; first Valerie = first black character in Archie universe)

I have to stop and look back to be sure I'm not being redundant....

Brave and the Bold 25 - First (original) Suicide Squad

Brave and the Bold 57 - First Metamorpho

Brave and the Bold 60 - First Teen Titans, First Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)

Brave and the Bold 200 - First Outsiders

The first black costume for Spidey was Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars Vol. 1 #8 and the first appearance of Eddie Brock was ASM 297.

ASM 252 was the first black costume in ASM and tied with Marvel Team Up 141 and Spectacular Spider-Man 90 for the first black costume in a regular title.

ASM 252 is the first appearance of the black costume. Weeks later, the costume appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up. Months later - actually after Spidey discovered the truth and got rid of the symbiote - the story of how he got the costume was told in MSHSW 8.

Venom('s arm) first appeared in shadows, messing with Peter/Spider-Man, in Web of Spider-Man 18 and 24.

Eddie Brock's completely shadowed body (1 panel), mostly shadowed face (1 panel) and bare hands (being covered by the symbiote over 3 panels) first appeared at the end of ASM 298.

Did not mean to post inaccurate info, have not read any of these books in years and was using Overstreet as a reference.

Kudos to you for knowing all of that, at this point in my life and collecting I barley even read the books, now it is just about filling the runs so knowing that kind of detail...

So would ASM 252, 298,299, 300 - First Venom Cameos/Eddie Brock/ Full Venom be correct?

No Sword and Sorcery love? I like Conan #1, Conan #23, and Creatures on the Loose #10. I suppose you can add Chamber of Darkness #4 if you're an extreme Conan fan.

I wouldn't say it's lack of love, but more lack of knowledge. I have never read a Conan comic. Did half the forum just gasp??