• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B UNTOLD LEGEND OF BATMAN JOHN BYRNE 1ST DC BATMAN 1980

8 posts in this topic

Found a brilliant surprise on ebay going down Thursday 630 PM[. John Byrne Draws Batman for the first time in 1980. Batman and Alfred on the scene as the Dark Detective examines the micro scope.

Page Shows scenes of Bruce Wayne enduring rigorous training and study of Crime. Never seen one come up before. I always wanted to see the cover but what a key DC page here.

eBay Copy and Paste item number:192036490690 on an ebay search box to view image.

Sold for nearly $2,000.

I wasn't even the bridesmaid runner up on this one. I thought this would go for about $1,200, since it only had 1 panel of Batman, 'tho is the revised origin retold, so from a storytelling standpoint is a dynamic sequence.

I mainly wanted this Page #10 since I already own Page #9 and Page #11 (as well as Page #7), so it would have been a great sequence to own... but I didn't anticipate it nearing that $2k realm. I guess that bodes well for the valuation of the pages I already own.

I'm sorry you didn't win. The bright side as you say is you are in plenty good shape value wise on your cool pages. I'm not surprised at the final hammer price just disappointed it didn't stay in my price range. One out of 100 times you get a steal on ebay.