• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retailer Variants

14 posts in this topic

I've been looking at retailer variants lately. KRS, Frankies, and Unknown are the sites i've ordered from so far. I know midtown usually also has a bunch. What other sites I should be keeping my eye on for ordering variants?

Disclaimer: I'm very, very new to grading.

I would say my copies of the Legacy Edition Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 and Batman #1 would both rate NM 9.4.

There seem to be tons of really nice retailer exclusive variants for JL SS. I also like Midtown's connecting and wraparound covers (Brooks, iirc) as well as the Mattina connecting covers.

Just to chime in on Fried Pie variants, they're usually but the new Ghost Rider looks pretty nice. They had far more of this than the regular cover so I'd not expect any value out of it but I may have to pick one up.

Do retailer variants tend to out perform other variants? Or just the opposite?

Can anyone think of one that's really held its value long term? Pink Harley peaked at $800 for a 9.8 and now is down to under $300. I'm guessing the Venom and Ghostrider covers will do the same. If you're looking or a copy for your PC, it's probably worth pre-ordering, but otherwise, they seem to generally be bad if you're looking for an investment.