• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large High Grade Silver Age X-Men and CGC graded Valiant books on ebay

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just listed up a large run of high grade Uncanny X-Men books on ebay. The run contains many issues from the early Silver Age to the modern books. I've also listed some of the highest graded Valiant key issues. Feel free to PM me with questions or offers for any books that you're interested. grin.gif

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZescaflown4

Added some more Modern issues to the Uncanny X-Men auctions.

By the way guys, can I get some feedback on the format I used to list the books for sale? Any likes / dislikes or any info missing that would affect your bidding? Please let me know. Thanks

Added some more Modern issues to the Uncanny X-Men auctions.

By the way guys, can I get some feedback on the format I used to list the books for sale? Any likes / dislikes or any info missing that would affect your bidding? Please let me know. Thanks

When selling anything other than mint, just-off-the-shelves moderns (or slabbed books, but even then it can't hurt), you need to have a high-res scan and a detailed description. Otherwise, you'll simply be losing money as your bidders will take at least a full grade, maybe a grade and a half, off what you've estimated and bid accordingly.

Angled digital pictures with two short lines describing flaws will not inspire confidence. frown.gif

Also, if you look at the balance of information, there is so little regarding the item itself, but paragraphs and paragraphs about your T&Cs and shipping details, etc.

Well done for shipping international thumbsup2.gif but you might want to re-consider only accepting Money Orders from outside of the US. As a UK resident, I can tell you that Bidpay is a joke and any other means of rustling up a money order is a nightmare. Paypal's the way to go, even if you do lose 4% on the deal.

Figure it this way...your book is sitting there at the last minute with a $10 bid. Mr Limey comes along and considers a bid, but then sees that he can't pay using Paypal, so goes away. If he HAD bid, your book would have closed at $11 at least, and you would have lost 44c on the Paypal payment, but gained 56c on the end price.

Anyway, good luck with the auctions and, oh yeah...

Welcome to the Boards!

Thanks for the critique FT and I will seriously take them into consideration on my next round of auctions. All I need is to pick up a nice decent scanner. Anyways there's one day left on these auctions. Prices are still unbelievably cheap on most of them, so pack in those snipes everybody. =)