• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I know the world has gone mad.

33 posts in this topic

Normally I keep away from discussions of this type, but this seems crazy.

Approaching 20 times guide for a minor-key, 1971 book. It may be the first public sale, but there are 3x9.6 and 17x9.4 on the census and even my eyes noticed the mis-wrap.

Now I'm not trying to hit on the seller in an ongoing auction and I hope his sale goes well, but in the present climate, this seems slightly OTT.

Maybe it's just me? tonofbricks.gif

[since this only has a few hours left, apologies if I've missed a thread on it already.]

I need to find some comics that Serpi wants... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is up with Serpico these days? He's often paying cutting edge prices for books, are they for his personal collection or what? He used to be a dealer, is he still buying this stuff to sell on? If so, to who?!

lol, two grand and still an hour left!!! Wow, nobody saw that coming...or I know I didn't and probably neither did the seller. I bet the seller is saying, "pack the bags honey we're going to Hawaii".

This is hardly the first time Jason Ewert has sold books for insane amounts. He is the master of it. hail.gif

lol, two grand and still an hour left!!! Wow, nobody saw that coming...or I know I didn't and probably neither did the seller. I bet the seller is saying, "pack the bags honey we're going to Hawaii".

This is hardly the first time Jason Ewert has sold books for insane amounts. He is the master of it. hail.gif

Ah yes, I didn't even look at the seller to tell you the truth. I just looked at the price and the book. I've seen him sell some good shtuff before too. But really, I hope the buyer isn't hoping to profit on this. I don't even really like the cover. It's so bland. Never been a fan of Buscema either.

15 minutes left! popcorn.gif

I like the thread title so I thought I would put this in here. What kind of person buys this comic at that price. Insane. makepoint.gifscrewy.gif I guess that is why I haven't won much lately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6525362692&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like jimmymatthews got caught with his pants down. Comics4stone lays down the wrong bid - misplaced decimal one places to the right. Jimmymatthews wants same book - throws down a bid and is rebuffed by the "You are outbid" message. Jimmy gets miffed and decides to play punishment bidder, but loses his nerve probably around $100.... comics4stone wakes up and probably sees this $5 book at around $100 so he "fixes" his bid by retracting and entering a correct bid. Jimmy is stuck with overpriced book 27_laughing.gif

I like the thread title so I thought I would put this in here. What kind of person buys this comic at that price. Insane. makepoint.gifscrewy.gif I guess that is why I haven't won much lately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6525362692&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like jimmymatthews got caught with his pants down. Comics4stone lays down the wrong bid - misplaced decimal one places to the right. Jimmymatthews wants same book - throws down a bid and is rebuffed by the "You are outbid" message. Jimmy gets miffed and decides to play punishment bidder, but loses his nerve probably around $100.... comics4stone wakes up and probably sees this $5 book at around $100 so he "fixes" his bid by retracting and entering a correct bid. Jimmy is stuck with overpriced book 27_laughing.gif

You are like the Howard Cosell of comic auctions! thumbsup2.gif

Looks like jimmymatthews got caught with his pants down.

9.4 my assphalt! I've seen opportunities to buy a certified 9.4 book for a price similar to this. But, I've been in these shoes before...overpaying, overgrading...thank GOODNESS for my comic mafia connection...

9.4 my assphalt! I've seen opportunities to buy a certified 9.4 book for a price similar to this. But, I've been in these shoes before...overpaying, overgrading...thank GOODNESS for my comic mafia connection...

screwy.gif Guy deserved to be [#@$%!!!]! gossip.gif

Who-the guy that won the book? Care to elaborate, Gramelin Knight? thewave.gif

gossip.gif

gossip.gif

rolling.gif

gossip.gif

rolling.gif

PM'd you the facts.

gossip.gif

rolling.gif

PM'd you the facts.
893whatthe.gif

You are like the Howard Cosell of comic auctions! thumbsup2.gif

"Look at that little monkey go!" 27_laughing.gif

Normally I keep away from discussions of this type, but this seems crazy.

Approaching 20 times guide for a minor-key, 1971 book. It may be the first public sale, but there are 3x9.6 and 17x9.4 on the census and even my eyes noticed the mis-wrap.

Now I'm not trying to hit on the seller in an ongoing auction and I hope his sale goes well, but in the present climate, this seems slightly OTT.

Maybe it's just me? tonofbricks.gif

[since this only has a few hours left, apologies if I've missed a thread on it already.]

That's about what I thought a 9.6 would go for. Quite a few collectors have been looking for one the past couple of years.