• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Back Issue Shop in Los Angeles?

6 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks,

Visiting my sister in LA for the holidays and was looking for advice on the best back issue comic shops in the greater LA area? Looking for a large selection of Gold to Bronze, not modern drek.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks! --CB

Unfortunately, sad to say, not much to choose from.

Blast Off in North Hollywood on Lankershim. Kinda pricey.

P Dots in Pasadena/Altadena on Lake Ave. Good prices.

House of Secrets in Burbank on Olive Ave.

No Golden Age anywhere that I know of.

I recommend the Frank and Son Collectibles show - Wednesday and Saturday. You'll find about a half dozen comic dealers there with moderate sized back issue offerings.

Also in my neck of the woods, the Rose Bowl Flea Market every 2nd Sunday of the month (Dec 11 and Jan 8). This is an event - be prepared to walk endlessly for only a handful of vendors selling comics if that is what you're there for. Plus side is you'll likely find bargains.

Geoffrey's in Gardena is decent, and while you're in the area, you might as well also go to

The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach, which is about 10 mins or less of a drive away.

They both have some silver, bronze, copper and of course modern back issues.

Nothing super awesome in terms of high grade, but if you're looking to fill a checklist, you may find good stuff.