• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR DOOM IS GREAT. Please share your Doom OA, Favorite Doom Stories

11 posts in this topic

http://art.cafimg.com/images/Category_35271/subcat_86274/DSCN0407.JPG

I love DR Doom! What excites me about Doom in the OA world is how passionate collectors are about the character, the great artists, etc. Would you please share your love of Doom here. If you want to share your Doom art or favorite stories that would be great!

Doom is complex. Leader of Latveria! Ruler of the world! Obsessed with Reed Richards! His scarred face:-) ?? Slappimg around servants! SILENCE DOLT!

Also a sobering and serious Doom (Triumph and Torment) (Emperor Doom)

Love to see what you all come up with.

Grapeape, you probably want to move this topic to the general forum, where collectors talk about OA. This is the Marketplace, where people look to sell and buy great Dr. Doom art.

Also, I gave up on your link. It takes forever to load.

You may get a more robust response if you post over in the standard discussion thread area (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=48) rather than over here in the marketplace. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Unfortunately, I have no Doom. :( .

Anyone have any Doom to sell? I'm interested in good pages by George Perez and/or John Buscema...

Hey thank you for the kind advice. I'm new to the sight but love it. You all are really nice folks that love OA just like me. Thanks again. If I hear about any Doom art that fits your want list I will surely give you a heads up.

Take care.

Doom, in my opinion is the single greatest Marvel villain. Much of that I feel (at least for me) was due to Byrne's FF run and really turning him into a nuanced character similar to what Claremont did for Magneto.

I'm actually looking to get a Doom commission at some point soon, sitting in his throne with some Kirby Krackle. I want something that really hammers home the nobility aspect, just having some trouble finding the right artist. I may save my pennies until NYCC roles around and see if I can get an Esad Ribic or Alex Maleev Doom.

There's a ton of great Doom stories but one of my favorite moments is during FF #236 where the team is trapped in that fake tiny town where life is "perfect" for them. The whole story has a very Twilight Zone feel, but Sue is drawn to this beautiful piano playing and when she enters the room and see that it's Doom making the music she is horrified.