• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR DOOM IS GREAT. Please share your Doom OA, Favorite Doom Stories

123 posts in this topic

I can’t compete with Wood or Kirby but have a more modest Dr. Doom page.  This Marvel Super Villain Team-up #1 splash from 1975 recaps Doom's historic battles vs. the Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Thor, and Hulk.  Bill Everett’s mosaic-like composition combines flashback cameos and philosophical musing by the Latverian monarch:

“I do not doubt that I can destroy a world alone...but could I rule it?”

3AD4E91C-9577-4998-92CE-5C80BC5F24E0.thumb.jpeg.518b8489752e5ba207029010075e7b03.jpeg

1 hour ago, GreatEscape said:

I can’t compete with Wood or Kirby but have a more modest Dr. Doom page.  This Marvel Super Villain Team-up #1 splash from 1975 recaps Doom's historic battles vs. the Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Thor, and Hulk.  Bill Everett’s mosaic-like composition combines flashback cameos and philosophical musing by the Latverian monarch:

“I do not doubt that I can destroy a world alone...but could I rule it?”

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be77613AD4E91C-9577-4998-92CE-5C80BC5F24E0.thumb.jpeg.518b8489752e5ba207029010075e7b03.jpeg

Are you kidding? This is a great page. Doom would answer his own question in Marvel Graphic Novel 27 some years later.

Yes

Emperor Doom did indeed rule the world.

Your page is terrific and a great addition to the DR DOOM IS GREAT thread. I knew I couldn’t be the only one that loved Doom this much.

7 hours ago, dichotomy said:

And I really like that amazing Spider-Man 35 cover posted on CAF today by Tony Daniel but man is it pricey at 13k. 

Amazing you saw that too. I thought if its $4500. Not knocking the price but too rich for me to spend on a non personal grail. But wow!!