• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another complete catalog on ComicArtAds

5 posts in this topic

Also interesting is the notation on page 1 stating, "Originals by Neal Adams, John Buscema and Howard Chaykin through arrangement with artists" - from which can (hopefully) be inferred that the pieces by these artists listed or shown in the catalog have a clean provenance (not stolen).

Which is great; as I possess one of the Adams' Deadman pages shown in the catalog. After I had purchased it off ebay many years ago I was informed via PM from a couple sources that some of Adams' work had been stolen and he and his family were actively seeking their return. I even received an email from Adams' son, IIRC.

This was very early into my foray on ebay buying OA & comics, and this was my first indication that not everything in the comic world was on the up and up. I was naive; wish I would have found these boards sooner than I did.

Also interesting is the notation on page 1 stating, "Originals by Neal Adams, John Buscema and Howard Chaykin through arrangement with artists" - from which can (hopefully) be inferred that the pieces by these artists listed or shown in the catalog have a clean provenance (not stolen).

Which is great; as I possess one of the Adams' Deadman pages shown in the catalog.

The more time I spend scanning complete versions of these old catalogs, I find that the introductory material written by the publisher is sometimes just as interesting as the art images and prices themselves. I'm glad that text was reassuring to you! Best, Lee