• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Small Holiday Thread: Silver and Gold 10% OFF Jungle Action 2 X-Men 35

26 posts in this topic

A small holiday thread including some pretty nice key stuff. For this month, shipping is FREE.

DLC comes out of Oklahoma and we have been doing local/regional conventions along with eBay sales for the past year. We are now looking to branch out to the forums here, offering some of our more specialized items. DLC is made up of three people. One of us is the board member, MSCM34, who has bought and sold over the past few years. Now with three people, we are a more fully formed, organized business. MSCM34 has also purchased from Ricksneatstuff and KryptoMayor, among others over the past few months. Under Deadlift Collectibles, we've already made purchases under various people, including a pretty big one on Filter81's current thread.

Here is a link to our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/deadliftcollectibles/

And our Kudos:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9641890#Post9641890

Our rules:

1) We consider the 1st “I’ll take it” here on the thread to trump any PM. We will put a hold on an item if we’re close to a final price on PM.

2) We only take PayPal at this time, but will consider other options down the road.

3) SHIPPING IS FREE. We only ship First Class or Priority and we ship the standard way with two strong pieces of cardboard and a padded envelope. We also do not ship more than two comics to one package, so if you buy many, you will receive multiple packages or one sturdy, well-padded box. Anything graded will come in well-packaged sturdy box.

4) We have full time jobs and ship once a week after invoices have all been sent out. Our promise to you: If you do not receive a tracking number within 6 days of invoices sent and payment received, you will automatically receive a 10% refund sent back to your through PayPal.

I'd suggest you give it more time and post more books.

+1 (thumbs u

+2

Sales threads can take time to develop, and the more you post the more likely you are to get some sales. Not everyone sees every single thread every single day.

Nah, it's not the typo.

Check the number of clicks to see if there is any interest in your thread - you have enough clicks, so like they said, need more books, or blowout bargains, or something like a HOS92.

I tried a few times, with mixed success, and decided to sell my last 100 lots on ebay in Nov. Maybe next time I'll list here, it really is a great place to reach a bunch of collectors who know exactly what they're looking for. Probably moreso if members recognize from past trades.

need more books, or blowout bargains, or something like a HOS92.

, or just old fashioned patience. :idea:

Not sure what you're expecting, OP..if you opened a brick and mortar store, would you threaten to close it down if no customers came in to buy something in the first few days? lol

"I'm not going to waste my time putting more merchandise on the shelf unless someone comes in and buys something, dammit!" :sumo::insane:

Sorry, it's frustrating because if you post pages of stuff and there's not a single sale,t hen you feel like you wasted your time. We've been trying to do small 5-6 book threads since we're new-ish.

Yes, it isn't easy.

Remember that there are less eyeballs here than ebay, the more you list the more likely you'll find the right buyer and buyers will often bundle to average out shipping. Also remember that you're relatively new here, just like any other selling venue you have to build a relationship with buyers. I'd suggest having some fun with your thread, toss in some free books for anyone who buys something, have a happy hour where books are discounted during that period, offer discounts for multiple purchases, get creative. Once you get some books into boardie hands you'll build your reputation and get valuable feedback. Most of my purchases are from boardies I've bought from in the past and have earned my loyalty.

FYI, I like one of your books and would have bought it but I'm struggling with the Canadian exchange rate and expensive shipping.

I went thru this as well. If the books aren't keys or semi-keys then the price has to be extremely appealing. For me I don't mind breaking even or losing a little because whatever funds I retrieve go right back into my comic collecting war chest. If you're a dealer not laying keys on the table you've got to compete with collectors simply funding their addiction. My last sales thread had maybe 40 SA books VF avg (a few keys but mostly fillers) but nothing sold until I took 25% off. Which is fine because it was my first sales thread with more than 10 books and was a lesson learned. Also got a lot of input from the boardies on patience. I'll know where to price things next time because margins are a myth in boardlandia...

We have no problem taking our lumps. Our issue is that we only do local shows and online selling at this point. Trying to find the right audience for certain things is a pain. I started an "under $10" thread over on copper/modern and not one bite. But I was hoping here, some of our cooler golden age would find a good home. eBay isn't always the right place for GA and while we don't have much, what we have is pretty solid stuff.

Green Lantern #20 1946 (VG-) $230

Since I have everyone on here talking now, I'll post this. Small spine split on the bottom. Bottom staple is partially detached from cover. Top staple still attached all the way through, but has migrated loose some. Comic is complete, looks great.

IMG_20161205_0004_zpsyss2sm5s.jpg

IMG_20161205_0003_zpsg4pyfyoc.jpg