• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Key Bronze age Horror comics?

123 posts in this topic

:D

RADB907F2011315_103916.jpg

OK. Not Horror, but as close to horror as you can get with Batman. There was a whole slew of gothic/horror type covers with the early 'Tec and Bat runs. Like they were trying overly hard to divorce themselves from the campy TV show.

:D

RADB907F2011315_103916.jpg

OK. Not Horror, but as close to horror as you can get with Batman. There was a whole slew of gothic/horror type covers with the early 'Tec and Bat runs. Like they were trying overly hard to divorce themselves from the campy TV show.

Nice book!

Not true. Here's a Bat/Horror...

20161123_175816_zpsae4xak23.jpg

Really awesome stuff in here and can't imagine what else remains to be seen, but are all of these being posted considered "key" one way or another?

It appears the thread morphed into a favorite cover type of thread. However, it was mentioned that many of these are 'key' for no other reason than a classic cover, similar to Batman 227.

Really awesome stuff in here and can't imagine what else remains to be seen, but are all of these being posted considered "key" one way or another?

It appears the thread morphed into a favorite cover type of thread. However, it was mentioned that many of these are 'key' for no other reason than a classic cover, similar to Batman 227.

Agreed.

Batman 227 is absolutely a book but for the cover.

However, I think Detective 395 definitely belongs on this list.

First O'Neil / Adams Batman and a true horror story - "The Secret of the Waiting Graves."

Bronze age horror IMO really doesnt have what I think you are calling "Keys". Maybe first Swamp Thing but that book and all the others are in such plentiful supply that there is no problem obtaining them, until you specify high grade. Then you start to see nosebleed prices. Im a Larkin fan so when I got back into comics after a hiatus years ago the first bronze I grabbed was Savage Tales, early Savage Swords from my youth, the several great Deadly Hands covers (Larkin Iron Fist #19) and the vamp tales annual (only 1 in 9.8 if you are a slab guy). :)