• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion on this Strange Tales 135

29 posts in this topic

I don;t see it getting any less than an 8 and 8.5 is certainly not out of the question. Regardless it is a very nice book. And the miswrap being on the back is a godsend! Makes the front look all the better!

27_laughing.gif Exactly. I like to refer to back cover miswraps like that as "extra art at no extra charge" on the right edge of the front cover. yay.gif

I don;t see it getting any less than an 8 and 8.5 is certainly not out of the question. Regardless it is a very nice book. And the miswrap being on the back is a godsend! Makes the front look all the better!

27_laughing.gif Exactly. I like to refer to back cover miswraps like that as "extra art at no extra charge" on the right edge of the front cover. yay.gif

Yeah, as long as your not shorted on the front it's OK, but if you have an ARVEL 2 cent comic, it's a bit much 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, as long as your not shorted on the front it's OK, but if you have an ARVEL 2 cent comic, it's a bit much

I do agree. Now this particular boom probably demonstrates pretty close to the max the miswrap can be and still not be a bad thing. It still be Marvel and still be 12 cents. But I hear that! grin.gif

two questions for youse guys; is that a flaw on the URBC that i see? Looks like a bend that's been...flattened or something...it just doesn't look right to me..

secondly, what is the impact of the flaw there on the BC, left hand side, halfway down? Is this what's keeping it out of the 9ish range?

untitled17hd.jpg

once again, i have to agree with Aces and (gulp) David on this one. a 7.5 with a chance at an 8.0.

the moisture mark on the BC ULC, the bump/bend on the BC URC, the waviness on the left edge BC, and the other minor defects should keep this out of the 9.0 range..............

once again, i have to agree with Aces and (gulp) David on this one. a 7.5 with a chance at an 8.0.

the moisture mark on the BC ULC, the bump/bend on the BC URC, the waviness on the left edge BC, and the other minor defects should keep this out of the 9.0 range..............

acclaim.gif

stooges.gif

I just don't know about a mositure stain. But there is a "dent" on the back that I really didn't notice until I scanned the book. Still, not bad for $20.00!!!

Thanks, guys. I think I'll post a couple other books for your grading expertise tonight. Got a GL 76 and Hulk 102 that I'd like to get your opinions on.