• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best movie this year?

40 posts in this topic

doesn't have to be in any order, but what are the best movies you saw this year?

For me, it's:

Arrival

Manchester by the Sea

Moonlight

I'm looking forward to Fences more than Star Wars (though i can't wait for that too), and really can't wait to see "I Am Not Your Negro."

Hell or High Water -#1 by a country mile

Eye in the Sky

Arrival

Moonlight

likely to be added to this list:

La La Land

Manchester by the Sea

i've gotta check out hell or high water, and am looking forward to la la land.

Hell or High Water so far. Not a complicated film just very well done.

I laughed quite a bit in there with Jeff Bridges insulting his partner regularly.

just watched it. excellent movie, and one of the years' best, but i cringed every time he made racist quips.

In my opinion this was a down year for movies. I will admit I don't, generally, see many "smaller" movies in the actual theatres so most of the ones I have seen are of the big budget sort.

I really liked a few;

Kubo and the two strings

Civil War

10 Cloverfield Lane

Zootopia

the Shallows

Fantastic Beasts

Those are just a few off the top of my head

There were some real stinkers like;

Ghostbusters

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Blair Witch

I would also recommend Don't Breathe to the horror crowd and Deadpool to the raunchy comedy crowd.

If I had to choose my favorite I would probably go with Fantastic Beasts.

I really like the movie Sing Street - kind of an Irish 80s remake. And I'd probably see Deadpool again so it's got to be one of the tops of the year for me.

the Shallows
Definitely a three and a half out of four star movie. Loved it! Just a bit too slick in spots, especially the climax.

THE SHALLOWS. lol. Blake Lively couldn't save that pile of k :foryou: rap. I would rather watch Mega Shark again. Even my daughter that I took with me rolled her eyes at me when we left. Just my 2c

the Shallows
Definitely a three and a half out of four star movie. Loved it! Just a bit too slick in spots, especially the climax.

THE SHALLOWS. lol. Blake Lively couldn't save that pile of k :foryou: rap. I would rather watch Mega Shark again. Even my daughter that I took with me rolled her eyes at me when we left. Just my 2c

Yeah, I might be biased.

I've been in her type situation in my neck of the woods, by being so close to safety (my house or truck,) but not being able to get to it around a critter.

It really registered with me with it's tension as time runs out on that rock.

My 2c

Try Backcountry sometime. Another lady with a will to survive from the imminent jaws of death. (thumbs u

My favorite was The Accountant

best movies, not favorite movies...lol

The best movie that I saw this year, which also happened to be my favorite, was The Accountant. ;)

Anna Kendrick comeback year, along with La La Land. :wishluck:

This is going to be my second favorite thread in this section. (worship)

Keep up the suggestions.