• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Entertaining Comic (E.C.)

49 posts in this topic

Time to pull out those E.C.'s!

Books that changed the direction of comic publishing and started a huge new trend. Great art, great stories & all to brief life. It's been awhile since E.C.'s were last discussed, so why not now? popcorn.gif

vault12a.jpg

It's been awhile since E.C.'s were last discussed, so why not now?

To avoid shameless plugs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Finally Weird Suspenstories # 3 is attached for your viewing pleasure

The books were published in Canada as the Word CRIME was outlawed due the the Fulton Act of 1948.

Doug Sulipa has written up about these rare gems in this years Overstreet Market Report under Canadian Comics in his report. A set of Weird Suspenstories # 1-3 just sold in 2004 for $6200 USD, and myself and only one other person on this planet own a complete set.

There are only a few known copies of each to exist and #2 is the toughest in the run of # 1-3 that were published.

589a8eb290ab4_796261-WSS3.JPG.feaebbc658f4a13abdba5fced7b0e893.JPG

Finally Weird Suspenstories # 3 is attached for your viewing pleasure

The books were published in Canada as the Word CRIME was outlawed due the the Fulton Act of 1948.

Doug Sulipa has written up about these rare gems in this years Overstreet Market Report under Canadian Comics in his report. A set of Weird Suspenstories # 1-3 just sold in 2004 for $6200 USD, and myself and only one other person on this planet own a complete set.

There are only a few known copies of each to exist and #2 is the toughest in the run of # 1-3 that were published.

Very cool books - congratulations on the set! headbang.gif

Time to pull out those E.C.'s!

Books that changed the direction of comic publishing and started a huge new trend. Great art, great stories & all to brief life. It's been awhile since E.C.'s were last discussed, so why not now? popcorn.gif

vault12a.jpg

Wow, I can't stop staring at that Vault 12! Some day I'll find a copy I can afford, thanks for posting.

hof19.jpg

And below - after spoiler warnings because there is always new, fresh, tasty blood coming into pre-code horror - the finale of the story that made it famous...or is it infamous?

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...

spoiler...