• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didn't see it ...
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Just got this back from CGC I thought it got the grade because of back cover but can't believe didn't see crease running through the whole book ... it's in the notes ... I thought of pressing but didn't bother ... now I feel like cracking it out and pressing and sending in again ... damn

2 inches from right side . .. wasn't until I looked at slab on angle ...

9DA2018A-51E9-4185-92D5-D4166B560E39.jpg

Paying for a press, a resubmit and return shipping may not be worth the price increase from, say 1 7.0 to a 7.5 or 80 is it?

Also, the book is now more desirable because those who avoid pressed books may be interested in it.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Paying for a press, a resubmit and return shipping may not be worth the price increase from, say 1 7.0 to a 7.5 or 80 is it?

Also, the book is now more desirable because those who avoid pressed books may be interested in it.

Just playing devil's advocate.

He's right. First, I'm not knocking the book...I like it a lot. But as nice as the book is, the spine would keep it down around 8.0. There's an 8.0 on ebay right now with a nicer spine. But here's the kicker....They are only asking about $80 more for it than some other 7.0s. Financially, it doesn't make much sense to upgrade.

Now emotionally, that's another issue. If you want to see what you can do with that particular book, I totally get that. I've got one like that myself....perhaps not cleaning and pressing, but I want to see what happens.

Steve