• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread - Have a Heart

6 posts in this topic

This is from Sharon’s thread from the Gold/Silver/Bronze selling forum in case some of you have missed it. I just thought it would be great if we could bet a few more donations and try to get Robb (Speed Force) a little closer to his goal.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9689926#Post9689926

Robb (Speed Force) is a board member, who is ill and needs a heart transplant. He's on a waiting list.

Robb is married and has a small (3 year old son). His wife Carah is a student and takes care of Ford.

Olds_Family_2016.jpg

before you all ask, the Great Dane is Holland.

Robb has been liquidating his collection to help with his coming medical expenses, but he is still short of his goal. They have moved to a place where they can be closer to the hospital where he will need to be.

He's on a waiting list for a heart, his level is 1b. 1a is for people who are in the hospital now, he's the next level.

Robb has insurance, but it will not cover all the expenses of a transplant. He is out of work and will have to be out of work until he's strong enough to return, which can be several years.

There is a charitable organization HelpHOPELive which we can use to donate funds. It collects and manages all donations in his honor. Robb sends medical and related bills to HelpHOPELive and the nonprofit pays the bills directly. Before he can request any payments from funds raised in his honor, HelpHOPELive verifies medical need directly with his medical professional so that donors can feel completely secure making a donation.

Here is the link if you want to make a cash donation to Robb. HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb

Here is some information he has provided about the charity.

We decided to do our fundraising through the nonprofit HelpHOPELive (www.helphopelive.org) in order to offset my out-of-pocket medical and related expenses.

If you have questions about HelpHOPELive.org see details below:

1) What Is HelpHOPELive?

HelpHOPELive is a nonprofit that has been helping people fundraise since 1983. They have the highest possible 4-star rating from the independent charity watchdog organization Charity Navigator.

2) Why Are You Working With HelpHOPELive?

Because HelpHOPELive is a nonprofit, all donations made in my honor are tax deductible and eligible for matching grants. HelpHOPELive also provides one-on-one fundraising help and a customizable online donation page.

3) Why Don’t You Have A GoFundMe?

GoFundMe is a for-profit crowdfunding site so donations are not accountable or tax deductible in any way. HelpHOPELive provides a way for me to fundraise that is more legitimate and trustworthy with a lower administrative fee that is used to help the organization support me and other people facing a medical crisis.

4) What Happens To Donations?

HelpHOPELive collects and manages all donations in my honor. I send my medical and related bills to HelpHOPELive and the nonprofit pays the bills directly. Before I can request any payments from funds raised in my honor, HelpHOPELive verifies my medical need directly with my medical professional so that donors can feel completely secure making a donation.

5) How Can I Learn More?

You can visit my HelpHOPELive campaign page at: HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb You can learn more about HelpHOPELive at: http://www.helphopelive.org or by calling 800.642.8399. The organization is on Facebook @Help Hope Live.

6) How Can I Help You Fundraise?

You can reach out to me or contact HelpHOPELive directly at 800.642.8399 if you would like to help me fundraise!

7) How Can I Make A Donation?

Visit my HelpHOPELive campaign page to make a tax deductible donation of any amount: $xxxx

8) Do you provide tax-deductible receipts to donors?

HelpHOPELive sends a letter of acknowledgement for donations of $250 or more. For donations under $250, the IRS recognizes the donor's cancelled check or credit card statement as proof of a charitable donation. All online donations are acknowledged immediately with an email receipt for tax purposes.

This is the first time that we will not be using Paypal, the donations can be made directly to the charity.

If you purchase a book, you will be making the payment directly to the charity.

I will still send invoices, so we can make sure that items are paid for before the donor mails them out.

They take checks (no fee) or credit card payments. To make it faster, credit card payments are probably best (since we are so close to the holidays).

If you wish to make an anonymous cash donation, just go directly to the link provided.

I have two wonderful helpers this time, thehumantorch and DeadOne.

Bryan (DeadOne ) will be helping with updates, Dave (thehumantorch) will help with the spreadsheet we keep (and I'm sure he'll be posting, too:)

Feel free to pm me with any questions, or of course you can PM Robb directly.

Items that you wish to donate can be posted directly in this thread. Anything comic related is fine.

I do ask that if you donate an item, that 100% goes to Robb, otherwise it starts to get a bit confusing.

Please note if shipping is included. If it's not included, state the amount you want for shipping in the thread. If you will not ship out of the Country please state that clearly. Once your item is “sold” please mark it sold, so we can keep the thread up to date.

If you purchase an item payments need to be made promptly, within the next few days, please.

Once again, thank you every one who participates in any way, even if you are just sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sharon