• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original-owner Spidey collection. Sweet pages

475 posts in this topic

Over the next few days, I’ll offer up a major chunk of an original owner Amazing Spider-Man collection I picked up last winter. The collection featured ASM #1-175. I slabbed two dozen of the keys, several of which I’ve sold on the boards:

(http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9580289&fpart=1)

ASM 121 (9.6) White

ASM 100 (9.6) White

ASM 101 (9.2) White

ASM 14 (7.5) White

ASM 20 (8.0) OW/White

ASM 56 (9.4) OW/White

Page quality is uniformly good. I sent another ten books off to another grading service – Nos. 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – and they all were assigned white pages.

A few slabs may be tendered here. But as much as I appreciate CGC and their sponsorship of these forums, I've spent enough on third-party grades. That’s why most of these comics are raw, and offered at a price that doesn’t incorporate grading and pressing fees.

Like all of you, I hope I know how to grade. You can return any of these comics if you reach a different conclusion. I’ve sold several dozen books from this run on eBay, and no one has yet taken advantage of that offer.

These aren’t Curator quality; only the ASM 99 came back a 9.8. But even when they suffered a ding or two before they were stored away for 40 years, the comics are consistently supple and tight books. When there are stress lines on the spine, they are usually found in the upper-left corner box.

Raw books have not been pressed, to the best of my knowledge.

Kudos: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=9678478&Searchpage=1&Main=422703&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9678478

Shipping in the USA: $5 media mail (for up to four books), $12 priority, $15 priority insured for slabs. I pack with extraordinary care.

PayPal, checks, money orders. Checks must clear. PayPal is stephen.b.duin@gmail.com. Returns accepted, though the buyer must notify me within 72 hours of receiving the comic and return it, at their expense, in the same condition it was received.

No probies or shamers. First :takeit: in the thread or PM commands the day.