• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics Club
1 1

134 posts in this topic

One of my favorite GA Cap cover quirks; Guys shooting the front of Cap's shield while they are behind him!

I've thought exactly the same, hahaha... and rationalized, "Cap swinging so fast his shield intercepts the bullet's flight path" lol

Adorable toys...! And the Cap #1................................ (worship)

c8ad758f-468f-41e6-89fd-3eee031e1069_zpsahmakge1.jpg

9.2 (cream-OW)

Love that cover. It may be the first "partner betrayal" cover in comics. DC went on to become the king of betrayal covers in the 60s, when just about every other cover in Superman comics featured Lois or Jimmy gloating while killing Superman, or Superman being a spoon to them. And then of course once you got inside the book you saw that it was all pretend. Obviously these covers struck some chord in some readers who had fear-of-abandonment issues.

Edited by bluechip

Still not as lucky in love (to this day, huh?), but better than getting your sidekick gratuitously shot fo' sho' :acclaim:

Apparently you've never seen the rare Captain America's Daring Mystery Comics photo cover one shot featuring Cap & Golden Girl. lol

caaf6eda-fc21-4ada-a475-2b438463ec03_zps4blmprue.jpg

d1f24137-4c33-4a58-9626-098bd00e7a25_zpsww3u4cbt.jpg

But your right, Cap's luck couldn't be that good. I suspect this book has authenticity issues. searching-019.gif