• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this signature real?

12 posts in this topic

Picked this book up at paradise city comic con and to my surprise when I opened it There was a signature by George Perez. My concern is that it looks a little strange as I do Not have any other books signed by Perez to compare it to so I am not sure if its authentic. I would think that it is real because why would anyone put a fake sig inside a book but just wanted some insight from other collectors. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

vryw4Sg.jpg

j3Xj0Nk.jpg

Autographed books have been popular for decades.... long before CGC came in to being. Recently, a long time collector around here passed away and an LCS that he worked for acquired his collection. There were 7 short boxes of signed books going back into the early 80's and the days when creators didn't charge for signatures. The shop priced most of them at guide with no premium and there may be one short box left, if that. He had dozens of creators.... Dave Stevens, Gil Kane, Al Williamson, Barry Smith, Steranko, etc..... he even had several E.C.'s signed by every artist that worked in the particular issue..... even Gaines. It was easy for us to buy in, because we all knew William and saw him standing in zillions of lines over the years..... we knew they were legit. Personally, I love books with an autograph on the splash..... just got one at the last local show for Judy..... a Fantasy Quarterly 1 signed by Richard and Wendy Pini and made out to a friend who has operated an LCS around here since the 80's. :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u