• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

One other little warning for you-if you put the book in the bag and tape the flap in back-if for some reason you go to remove it, completely remove tape from bag first! Many a book has been badly damaged by the tape catching on cover and ripping off paper and ink.
. I shouldn't have any reason to take it out of the bag but will be aware of that now if I do have to, thanks

They'll fit

what"s the difference between super golden age and golden age?

http://bcemylar.com/sleeves.cfm

a super golden age mylar is wider than a regular golden age mylar. When I used to collect comics I stored everything in super golden age mylars to prevent something from bumping into the sides of the book. They are more expensive but provide superior protection.

the specs on the super golden age mylar are 8 inches by 10 1/2 inches. the fullback time x-tenders that fit are 7 3/4 x 10 1/2.

I've never held an AA16 before but in order to know you have the correct size you want the book to be easy to pull in and out but flush and snug up against the mylar once it's pushed inside. Always put the comic on the backing board before pushing it into they mylar and make damn sure no frays, chips or tears catch along the spine or cover of the book while pushing it in. Also if you're going to secure the mylar with tape always take the tape completely off the mylar and set it way out of the way so there's never the risk of tape catching the front cover of the book.

Again, I'd just call Bill Cole and they'll undoubtedly send you out a free sample.

Just my 2cents.

fyi you're selecting default for size instead of message board thats why the images are so big. You can also go to the post highlight the text and click on the S with a diagonal slash through it this will put image in spoiler tags so it doesn't jack up the rest of the page.

I think if you send it off to CGC they'll grade it a 1.8 with cream to off-white pages. At auction there tends to be lots of action for lower grade key issues, as, relatively speaking, they are more affordable (considering you're talking well over six figures if it were in high grade and only a select few can play in that end of the pool). That said for an AA16 you're still talking $12k to $15k per point and though it's probably going to grade a 1.8 you're still going to get 2.0 or 2.5 pricing as AA16 is rare and in high demand by serious collectors. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it hammers around ~$25k.