• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

Are you positive this comic will fit without causing any damage? Do they typically come with a backing board?

I've used them on GA books with no problem-if you're concerned you can merely lay the book over the bag to see what the fit will be like before inserting. Boards are separate but most stores sell em together.

Just go slow and make sure none of the bottom folds over. You may want to insert in bag first so you can see both sides then carefully insert the board.

I just wanna buy what I need and as carefully as possibly put it in protective sleeves, I have watched videos online, its not that complicated

It certainly isn't and yes 95% of this thread is nervous nelly-ism. But we've all snagged a comic on a bag at one point especially GA that are thicker and beat up with lots of potential snags spots. I guess I just look at this way - it was in that bag for 30 years you said. Being in there for another month or whatever before you send it to cgc will certainly do it no harm, assume sending to cgc is still your plan.

Great Book, Congrats!!

As a few posters suggested, doing a walkin in FL is really not a bad idea especially if you were going to pack this up and ship yourself and not having prior experience in this may be tricky. Not the type of book you want to try your first time packing methods on IMO.

Airfare to FL from CT can't be more that a few hundered....

Also if you need a few supergold mylites and full back boards I'd be happy to send you a few free of charge.. If interested just shoot me a PM...

Good luck with everything and it's really great to see books of this caliber still being uncovered. You did good by finding this place....

One other little warning for you-if you put the book in the bag and tape the flap in back-if for some reason you go to remove it, completely remove tape from bag first! Many a book has been badly damaged by the tape catching on cover and ripping off paper and ink.