• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAN "THE MAN" GREENHALGH

83 posts in this topic

i dont know how he does it, but dan G seems to have a never ending supply of near complete marvel collections with some dc's thrown in alot of the time as well

gotta give dan his props- he certainly knows how to unearth and successfully win many big collections and big books

winnipeg, golden state, the ff 1 that is the cgc 9.6 copy, the diamond run fantasy 15 cg c9.4

he has 2 porsche 911 turbos i believe

And your point is...? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that what Ben is saying is that with those two 911 Turbos, Dan is able to drive faster to view and purchase collections and THAT is how he gets the best books before anyone else does. yay.gif

I think that what Ben is saying is that with those two 911 Turbos, Dan is able to drive faster to view and purchase collections and THAT is how he gets the best books before anyone else does. yay.gif

27_laughing.gif

Not just Marvels. He's been listing a mid-grade slabbed Golden Age collection this week, mostly DC, but a few Timelys. All starting at one dollar with no reserve.

I've got my eye on one of them.

i just returned 5 bronze lots of comics from showcase new england (promptly refunded, thank you!)...

they were all trimmed/restored...i'll give another heads up...

Fellow forumites:

CHECK FOR RESTORATION ON COMICS FROM SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND.

i just can't be the only one.

the trimming was quite obvious to the naked eye, i noticed while still in the mylars, and was very sad b/c these did not need to be restored. i checked with a few known dealers in order to be certain.

maybe everyone here has already learned their lesson (and never bids on their auctions)...and the other auction winners they sell to are ignorant...

i still need to leave feedback, any specific suggestions will be helpful...

i don't see why i have to pay shipping to be the restoration checker/expert for showcase new england, america's #1 comic dealer, shouldn't they pay me???

i just returned 5 bronze lots of comics from showcase new england (promptly refunded, thank you!)...

I got my recent win from SNE about 2 weeks ago. I had to fly out of town the next morning for work. About half of a bronze lot (listed as VF+) had rusty staples.

I wish I had time to return them, but now I am in DC for a few months. I will never buy from them again.

You didn't happen to send him a business card offering representation

on all the speeding tickets he's probably racked up ? flowerred.gif

they were all trimmed/restored...i'll give another heads up...

Fellow forumites:

CHECK FOR RESTORATION ON COMICS FROM SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND.

i just can't be the only one.

the trimming was quite obvious to the naked eye, i noticed while still in the mylars, and was very sad b/c these did not need to be restored. i checked with a few known dealers in order to be certain.

maybe everyone here has already learned their lesson (and never bids on their auctions)...and the other auction winners they sell to are ignorant...

i don't see why i have to pay shipping to be the restoration checker/expert for showcase new england, america's #1 comic dealer, shouldn't they pay me???

What were the books? Seems odd that someone would trim a bunch of bronze age books.

You didn't happen to send him a business card offering representation

on all the speeding tickets he's probably racked up ? flowerred.gif

screwy.gif That's not what I do. The hour I'd spend in court would cost him more than two or three tickets combined.

bought an Avengers #4 on ebay that was advertised as a raw VF/NM. It came back from CGC PLOD VF- Trimmed and color touch. Dan did refund my money though and half of my grading fee.

Eric

That pretty much says it all. 893whatthe.gif

How does he still yet large collections.

Easy.

He can pay more because he gets above eBay prices for his books as he overgrades them. blush.gif And because there are still plenty (and I mean plenty) of collectors who don't know (or at least buy) CGC books, and can't grade or determine if a books restored.

He hasn't had a nice run of high grade CGC books in a long time (mostly mid-grades) yeahok.gif

All I can say is be careful. SNE's rep is that if you give them anything less than a positive, or say something critical even though you gave them a positive, they will neg you.

i posted these scans on the infinite horror thread, bronze comics...

hos901xt.jpg

hos914mt.jpg

hos925kv.jpg

(i did not post the worst ones gossip.gif )

others were HoS#99-115, HoM#179-190, FTDM#1,2,4, SHoSL#1,3,4

these auctions are each still searchable on ebay... yeahok.gif

FTDM#1,2,4, SHoSL#1,3,4

You won those? I was watching both auctions. Were those the trimmed/restored books you were referring to? Weren't they around 6.0 shape? Why is someone restoring BA books like that? I am assuming the work was amature and the resto obvious. Did you scan any? I would be interested to see them....

BTW: I tried to do a search for them but they are not showing up. Do you have links?