• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Amazing Fantasy #15 (Sending to CGC)

39 posts in this topic

it has a fair share of Marvel Chipping. (Tearing on right side). Some people thing that's a huge deal, others not so much.

5.0 - 6.0

But please wait for the pros, as I'm not one yet. 6.0 might be a bit high so I'll say 5.5.

Cool you bought this so long ago! Good luck w/your grade

You'll get a lot of grade opinions on this book. In my case I'm on my phone right now so won't give an opinion until I'm on my laptop! You've done everything right; killer book too! Welcome to the boards!

I'd say anywhere from a 4.5 to a 6.0. Wish it were mine!

My ASM 33 listed here in PGM has the same looking chips except the paper is all still there - "pre chipping" in grading jargon. Nobody graded it above 5.5 to 6.0 and it's a great looking comic except for top left damage. Just FYI.

This AF 15 is a great comic, I'd say CGC would grade it 4.5 with a chance at 5.0. With a small chance a step higher or lower, imo.

O.K. Here's my 2c on this. You have extensive chipping and wear on that right edge plus the pre chipping lines. There are also some scratches / marks above Spider Mans head and to the left.

At first glance the back cover does not look to bad but here's what I see as bringing the grade down. First of all you have some stains on the back cover and what looks like a water stain/mark on the bottom edge.

I also see multiple stain spots in the letters of the word people. B.C. The fourth person in the row of people from the right has a stain in his hair, another stain below the S in Send moving down, and of course a piece of tape on the bottom edge of the F.C.

Book presents pretty good but I would have a hard time going above 4.5 on this.

After looking closely I notice a few things too. It looks like there's a piece of tape on the bottom edge of the front cover holding together a 1/2" tear so that will be taken into account. The chipping is extensive and seems very similar to the ASM #1 that we've all seen come back with much higher grades than expected. Like Doc mentioned the scratching on the front cover and stains on the back are additional factors they will take into consideration. I'm thinking a 5.0. I really like the story behind the buy! Very cool.

I think you are going to land in the 4-4.5 range. Many valid comments on defects

Little tape on bottom and is the top staple replaced? Are those extra holes or loose staple?

Great story. Great price and I hope it gets the highest grade possible for you unrestored ?

Yes, I will post grade when I get it back from CGC. Don't remember the comic show as I was 12 and went with my Dad. They had lots of smaller shows in NYC back then -- some in hotels. I remember seeing an Action #1 in Mint (under a large glass dome). $1600 which everyone thought was insanely high!

Very solid, very nice lower grade AF 15 , I am about 99% sure ( in my humble opinion ...lol )

it will receive a 4.5 with a good chance at a 5.0. The difference in the grade between the two will depend almost solely on how tough they assess the chipping. :headbang:

p.s. your copy looks fresh & supple, this should matter when it gets graded and is why I think it will

get a 4.5 or 5.0 Regarding the 1 staple that I can actually see, in my opinion it looks intact and original.

Edited by SSuperman

Quick glance at it and it's hard to see as it looks like there is very little gloss to it-- a nice looking book nonetheless. First glance I gave it a 5.0 and looking a little closer I'm thinking 4.5

Hedge your bets folks-- I'm interested to see where this comes in from CGC.