• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite pick up of 2016

60 posts in this topic

For me it's easy..... this one..... not a mega key (....nothing wrong with those)....but a favorite book since I was a kid.... this one has a perfect wrap, which isn't common with this book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

w2D71Bu.jpg

2016 was a great year: the first 6-7 months were all about reading, researching and getting into the silver age universe. Great stories, beautiful artwork and interesting background. Not to mention that I got to meet and talk with some really nice and knowledgable collectors.

The latter part of the year was about actually getting my hands on some nice books that kick-started my collection. Hard to choose which from the six books in my signature would be my favourite, all were picked up during 2016. So I will choose to nominate all six ;)

Good luck finding them! They would make a great addition to your collection. My goals for 2017 are a nice ASM #1, an Avengers #1 and maybe a Hulk #181 and an Avengers #4, regarding first issues and appearances. I would also want to fill a good part of my ASM 1-75 run: many of my favourite stories and covers are included in there.

2016 was a great year: the first 6-7 months were all about reading, researching and getting into the silver age universe. Great stories, beautiful artwork and interesting background. Not to mention that I got to meet and talk with some really nice and knowledgable collectors.

The latter part of the year was about actually getting my hands on some nice books that kick-started my collection. Hard to choose which from the six books in my signature would be my favourite, all were picked up during 2016. So I will choose to nominate all six ;)

That sig line is awesome! You've had a very busy 2016!

Here's another favorite from this year...... I don't have a lot of SA to pull from this year.... been more into the GA segment...... but this one has been a favorite since I first saw a rag copy at an LCS years ago..... it's a real beast to find in nice shape..... it was on the rack with Showcase 4..... GOD BLESS...

EokNHTD.jpg

Here's another favorite from this year...... I don't have a lot of SA to pull from this year.... been more into the GA segment...... but this one has been a favorite since I first saw a rag copy at an LCS years ago..... it's a real beast to find in nice shape..... it was on the rack with Showcase 4..... GOD BLESS...

EokNHTD.jpg

Now thats a cool cover! I can see why it would be hard to find in good condition. Purple/black cover, probably one that was read a lot (You look at the cover and want to read it).

EokNHTD.jpg

love those purple DC covers :applause:

Picked these two up last night with some other stuff, the Daredevil is pretty beat but the X-Men 6 is nice

Don%20Davis%204_zpsygtdrt6v.jpg