• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Howard #9

3 posts in this topic

I think it has been about 2 years since I last posted this and figured it could use a refresh.

I have one significant OA goal: to piece together Howard the Duck #9.

The significance: HTD was and still is my favourite book of the era, Steve Gerber was and still is a creative inspiration to me, Gene's art was and still is a marvel to look at, and the setting for this issue was less than an hour from my home in Ontario, Canada (albeit an Ontario that was a howlingly - and purposefully - incorrect stereotype).

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the pages from this Steve Gerber / Gene Colan / Steve Leialoha gem, please let me know... even if the pages aren't for sale. Just knowing where they reside would give me some peace of mind.

So far I've tracked down nine pages, of which seven are together again in my collection - including the cover and 1st page splash. The other two pages are in good hands, but not for sale. I've been promised by both owners that if they do decide to sell, I'll get first crack at them.

The remaining nine pages? It's a mystery. Any info would be helpful: current owners, past owners, rumours of ownership, psychic prognostications of ownership... It's all good. Send me a PM!

My seven pages can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=151844

I totally understand, my friend. Howard was a high point of 1970s storytelling, and as a work of satire, it's still unmatched. I have to say, having followed the market for 20 years, there is a downright mysterious lack of pages from many issues on the market.

Good luck in assembling your horizontal.