• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

Giancarlo.  :cloud9:

Has "Force healing" been part of the extended universe before?  I know it hasn't been in the films and I'm unfamiliar with it.

Don't think I've ever seen a TIE fighter land with its side panels collapsing before, really cool!  Abrams showed them docked in Episode VII, but the side panels weren't collapsed.

35 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Giancarlo.  :cloud9:

Has "Force healing" been part of the extended universe before?  I know it hasn't been in the films and I'm unfamiliar with it.

Don't think I've ever seen a TIE fighter land with its side panels collapsing before, really cool!  Abrams showed them docked in Episode VII, but the side panels weren't collapsed.

I believe you are correct. I've never seen either. But both done very well. So much to like about this last episode. Its as if they upped the entire production value again.

God I hope these 3 talented people (Chow, Favreau, Filoni) continue to take the helm of the Star Wars universe!

Kenobi is in good hands!

On 12/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, jcjames said:

Same thoughts. "How/why did he waste time "imprisoning" everyone who tried their hardest to kill him, and put him and BY in much greater risk?"

Okay, so I guess he doesn't like killing anymore, like Clint Eastwood's character in "Unforgiven".

Agree, just took me out of it. Disappointing writing there but maybe it was a Disney thing.

I’m still in but come on.

I had begun to sour on the show a little after especially episodes 4 and 5, which were dull.  Episode 6 was better.  Episode 7 was everything a hoped this series could be, and I think it is the best one yet.

Two minor gripes overall with the show.  It seems very cartoonish.  While this is not inherently a bad thing, I was hoping for something a bit more fleshed out, and complex. Second, and this is purely visual, the way it is filmed makes to feel to clean, and a little artificial.  It pulls me out of the show a bit.  I feel like the super clean modern "digital film" look does not suit the show.   The original films had a much more used a gritty look to them, and I wish that was used here.

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Second, and this is purely visual, the way it is filmed makes to feel to clean, and a little artificial.  It pulls me out of the show a bit.  I feel like the super clean modern "digital film" look does not suit the show.   The original films had a much more used a gritty look to them, and I wish that was used here.

Find a way to stream the show through a dial-up modem. :foryou:

I need help understanding what Disney is doing with making the Mandalorian good with hints of great, and releasing this around episode 9.  

-- Are they trying to distract use from the movie failures and incoming failure? We hope you are dumb enough forget about it..............................           OH look something pretty and shiny!!!!!!

-- Are they saying we know the trilogy has been a big letdown, please forgive us. You can trust us to give you good Star Wars. We are fixing it. 

-- Does Lucasfilm now have a split personality where the one side (aware of the issues) is giving its other side (who is blissfully unaware of it's shortfalls) the middle finger? 

It is interesting how this show has more honored the Star Wars lore and early trilogy much better than the last few films. Even with the weaker Mandalorian episodes, which were just filling in gaps to his past.

No offense meant towards those appreciating the modern run of films.

9 hours ago, drotto said:

I need help understanding what Disney is doing with making the Mandalorian good with hints of great, and releasing this around episode 9.  

-- Are they trying to distract use from the movie failures and incoming failure? We hope you are dumb enough forget about it..............................           OH look something pretty and shiny!!!!!!

-- Are they saying we know the trilogy has been a big letdown, please forgive us. You can trust us to give you good Star Wars. We are fixing it. 

-- Does Lucasfilm now have a split personality where the one side (aware of the issues) is giving its other side (who is blissfully unaware of it's shortfalls) the middle finger? 

If what I’ve been reading the last couple months is accurate, the buzz at Disney has been very confident about the Mandolorian and how it will be received but at the same time very nervous about TROS... and it seems their expectations are playing out. Disney is fully aware of its missteps leading up to this and intends to rectify the Star Wars image. They simply have spent far too much money on the franchise to keep running it the way they have. It will be interesting to see what moves they make post-TROS in terms of who and what makes future SW films.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I'm begging to think that maybe that wasn't Moff Gideon at the end of Episode 5. I didn't hear any sound/spur type effects.

And now we've left Tatooine, so is that now a dropped thread?  Or will it resurface in the season finale?

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

And now we've left Tatooine, so is that now a dropped thread?  Or will it resurface in the season finale?

I am going to say it will be teased again at the end of episode 8 and be the main driver of season 2.