• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Carl’s Golden Age Big-Key Sales Thread… Thread Closing...

55 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone, :foryou:

It's been a strange morning. In many ways.

Among the strangeness was the disappearance of my sales thread from the boards.

Oddly, I made four posts, one introducing the sales thread, one with references, one with rules, and one stating the kick-off time…

… then I went for a run…

… and perhaps I traveled through time…

… because when I came back, it was all gone!…

So, let's try again. (Right after a quick shower.)

(If anyone has any ideas what might have happened, please do let me know.)

Good morning everyone, :foryou:

It's been a strange morning. In many ways.

Among the strangeness was the disappearance of my sales thread from the boards.

Oddly, I made four posts, one introducing the sales thread, one with references, one with rules, and one stating the kick-off time…

… then I went for a run…

… and perhaps I traveled through time…

… because when I came back, it was all gone!…

So, let's try again. (Right after a quick shower.)

(If anyone has any ideas what might have happened, please do let me know.)

My guess is that it was removed as the mods prefer it if sellers start a thread with books for sale rather than announcing anything forthcoming later on. Announcements usually go in the stickied thread at the top of this section.

No worries though - my suggestion would be to post one or two books as a taster for tomorrow's main event, then you're good to go.

Welcome :hi:

Good morning, everyone.

Over the past year, I’ve been purchasing a number of Golden Age Keys. Some might say, “A few too many”. Examples include, say, my wife. Others might say, “Not enough.” Examples include, say, everyone on the boards.

Regardless of the too-many too-few debate, it’s time for a sales thread. We’ll see if we can go the “happy wife” route with a few large sales. :foryou:

I’ll post one new Golden Age Key every one or two days.

Of course, prices are provided, and posting “I’ll take it” :takeit: is the easiest way to make a purchase. Reasonable offers and good-natured negotiations are always welcome via PMs. Of course, an “I’ll take it” in the sales thread trumps any behind-the-scenes deal making.

References :angel:

I’ve sold a number of books on the boards, big and small, including WW 1 8.0, AF 15 5.0, and Showcase 4 5.0, to name a few. I also work closely my good friend Adam (filter81) and he’ll happily vouch for me. At least he says he will! As will a number of other boardies. Oh, and in case this matters, I’ve been on Ebay since the beginning of the Internet Era and have 100% feedback under carln0000.

These are big time sales (well, some of them, anyway), so if you have any concerns, I’m happy to do all I can to alleviate your concerns. For example, I can have these go via Adam (filter81) or use another vehicle that would help you feel more secure.

Rules are next…

Rules :rulez:

1. As mentioned above, negotiations are welcome, but “I’ll buy it right this very second” in the sales thread will always be a winner.

2. Shipping: Absolutely 100% free within the US. If you’re outside of the US, please PM me to work out shipping details prior to posting “I’ll take it”. We’ll do our best to find a reasonable resolution together.

3. Time payments are available. PM for details.

4. Returns: You know, most are CGC slabs. So, let’s say no returns on slabs. On raw books, I'll show all pages and would prefer no returns, but, if you feel strongly you need the possibility of a return to close a sale, PM me and we'll work it out.

5. Payment: Checks (cleared before shipping) and money orders are always welcome. PayPal also works, but you’ll be asked to cover any fees.

6. Kindness is always preferred, and meanness is frowned upon. Oh, speaking of meanness being frowned on, let’s say no sales to anyone on the naughty lists.

7. There is no 7 :)

Two Final Notes About the Books hm

Note 1

I’ll rotate in some big books with some smaller ones.

I was going to kick off with a really cool mid-range book tomorrow at 6a Mountain time (8a Eastern).

I'll still list that book then.

But, in the meantime, let's start with something small but wonderful…

Note 2

I'll provide a short explanation of each sale price, in the hopes of creating understanding.

I'd ask that if you have any comments on pricing, or would like to talk it over, please do that via PM and not in the sales thread. Thanks!

Action Comics 10 - Superman story only. From bound volume. PQ: Cream to off-white

Panel (Advertisement)missing from last page - does not effect story

What’s Cool About this Book

Yep. You can get all 6 pages from Action Comics 10, which, as you know, contains the image used as the cover to Superman 1.

Last I checked, there are only 30 copies of this book on the census.

Price

I have no idea how to price this. I have a feeling page 1 alone could fetch $1500. Who knows?

Let’s call it $1500 for all the pages ($250 a page if you’re inclined to break the set)

$1500

Scans coming next…

Action10%20page%201_zps2qduy4dv.jpg

Page 2 and 3

Action10%20page%2023_zpse3ba1s9z.jpg

Page 4 and 5

Action10%20page%2023_zpse3ba1s9z.jpg

Page 6 and 7

Action10%20page%2067_zpsofu0ttfs.jpg