• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Carl’s Golden Age Big-Key Sales Thread… Thread Closing...

55 posts in this topic

Comics?

Where? :ohnoez:

Here! Well, only pages from comics so far, but entire comic books are coming soon. (thumbs u

Action 22, 23, 29, 44? :)

But, sadly, not these ones. :sorry:

Detectives?

Yes, these ones. Well, at least one of these. But only one of those junky pre-Robin copies. lol

It seems the good doctor has everyone in a tizzy.

:taptaptap:

:baiting:

I leave for a New Year's Eve meal with the family and you're already in a tizzy?

Let me offer you the reassurance of good things coming to those who wait. :preach:

Yea, not cool

I think there'll be a good book coming to help even Sandman fans feel better. :gossip:

Good morning, everyone. :hi:

Let’s continue with a really cool mid-range book.

Detective Comics 28 CGC 2.5R, PQ: cream to off-white

Mod/Ext B-4 color touch, pieces added, tear seals, reinforced, married back cover & centerfold

What’s Cool About this Book:

This has quickly become one of the hottest books of the early detective run, and easily the most important non-batman cover.

Yes, this is only the 2nd appearance of Batman, and yes, this is a hard book to find.

Great looking cover for the grade. Presents very nicely.

Price:

A real beat-up copy - incomplete, ugly - sold a few months ago on Cconnect for over $6K (can’t recall the exact amount anymore

The most recent sale I know of is on HA.com, where a 2.0 copy for $16,730.

Let’s call it $8,500 a point, or $21,250 for a blue 2.5

With the restoration, let’s cut that just about in half and ask for $11,900 for this looker.

$11,900

Detective28CGC25R_zpsimkdkg5p.jpg

Man yall are so impatient. I can wait another year for him to post lol......good things happen to those who wait.

Doc. Are you posting any comics that can be read? Or are all of them in ugly plastic containers?

A book a day keeps the doctor away.

Clever! I had to read that three times, but I finally got it! lol

A book a day? Sadist. Probably tortured small animals as a wee lad

I am happy to report never torturing animals, of any size…

But I did have a neighbor friend who once traded me my school lunch for a "very valuable" baseball card, only to be told - a few moments after the trade - that, "hah, that card is worthless!" … This is same kid who told me, at age 5, there was no Santa…

… I'm still recovering! :ohnoez:

Man yall are so impatient. I can wait another year for him to post lol......good things happen to those who wait.

Doc. Are you posting any comics that can be read? Or are all of them in ugly plastic containers?

Most of the comics that I'm posting for sale have been encased in plastic by some fellow with initials C.G.C. … this C.G.C. person also wrote notes and a large number above each book. I just thank God that he didn't write on the actual comic itself. :o

I'll also be posting one book free from C's plastic prison!

Good morning (thumbs u

Let’s jump up to big book, and see what happens.

All Star Comics 3 CGC 6.0, PQ: off-white to white

Of course, this book is the first appearance of the first superhero team - the JSA. It’s also the first time characters in a comic book shared a universe together.

After the most recent Cconnect sale, and perhaps the repeated appearance of these characters on Legends of Tomorrow (does that make a difference?), I’d have to say this is one of the hottest keys out there. Try to find a blue label copy anywhere today…

There are only 10 All-Star 3’s graded higher than this one in existence (of course, there are only 86 total, so you’re getting one of the best copies out there.

Price

The last sale (not on GPA) is the recent CConnect sale where a 7.0 sold for $79,000. That put the book in a whole new class.

If we use that as a guide, we get $9857 a point, or the sale price of a 6.0 at $59,142

So, let’s call it $49,000. ($10K lower than what the last sale would suggest.)

$49,000

AllStar3CGC602_zpszbw6hxlm.jpg

Good morning (thumbs u

Of course, this book is the first appearance of the first superhero team - the JSA. It’s also the first time characters in a comic book shared a universe together.

After the most recent Cconnect sale, and perhaps the repeated appearance of these characters on Legends of Tomorrow (does that make a difference?), I’d have to say this is one of the hottest keys out there. Try to find a blue label copy anywhere today…

There are only 10 All-Star 3’s graded higher than this one in existence (of course, there are only 86 total, so you’re getting one of the best copies out there.

Price

The last sale (not on GPA) is the recent CConnect sale where a 7.0 sold for $79,000. That put the book in a whole new class.

If we use that as a guide, we get $9857 a point, or the sale price of a 6.0 at $59,142

$49,000

What a gorgeous book.

Good morning (thumbs u

Price

$49,000

(worship)