• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated: $100,000 Club, All-Time Record Sales and Most Valuable Comics

45 posts in this topic

Rob,

How about changing the 100K club to 150K club. Lots of books have reach this 100K criteria and many more in 80K-90K will eclipse that soon too.

Oh, I'll have to do something at some point. Tim has been If I really worked at it, I could probably add another 40 or so books to the list right now and get to 400 or so. I might cap it at 500 and then only add new books over $250,000 or something. I'll see how it goes.

I agree, cap it at 500 would keep the list small, but some folks will feel it's not complete. The hobby is still growing and 150K is a bigger barrier at this moment. You can pretty sum it up that any complete unrestored/restored Action 1, Detective 27 are 150K+ books. Also, unrestored: AF15 8.5+ and Hulk 1 9.0+ are 150K+ books. Those four books alone in those grades are 170 total books in the 150K+ club. Just my recommendation. I appreciate your hard work and efforts.

At this point the list, to maintain its original purpose which was to list all the sales at unbelievable prices (back when 100K was unbelievably high) should be changed to a short honors list of 500K minimum Maybe even higher!

You can still keep track of 100K+ sales since you have put in all the work already. I agree with others who feel the list is too bloated with low grade copies of the biggest keys where !00K now only buys you a rag in a slab.

Although "the list" may be longer than some would like, I think $100K is still a LOT of $$$$ for MOST people, and as such I have no problem with the list as it stands.

IF the OP (or someone else) wants to take the information and create a new, smaller list, with a higher price point than they should do that, however, don't throw out all the good information found in the current list. You simply add a second sub-list with a higher cap.

2c

Although "the list" may be longer than some would like, I think $100K is still a LOT of $$$$ for MOST people, and as such I have no problem with the list as it stands.

IF the OP (or someone else) wants to take the information and create a new, smaller list, with a higher price point than they should do that, however, don't throw out all the good information found in the current list. You simply add a second sub-list with a higher cap.

2c

I wouldn't be getting rid of anything. I've been collecting this data for a decade I'm not about to toss it.