• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated: $100,000 Club, All-Time Record Sales and Most Valuable Comics

45 posts in this topic

Rob,

First, I want to thank you for putting this together and giving this info out to other collectors.

I am hesitant to mention this, as I do not want to drive the price of Action 1 up even further, however, there is a sale that is not listed (which was discussed on this board back in March or April of this year. I would have to look it up, to give you an exact date).

At that time, I was offered the CGC universal 0.5 copy for $110,000. I agreed to the price and asked him how he wanted payment made. The seller then told me he wanted to wait and see if one of his "regular" customers would be willing to pay the $110,000. If they were not, then I would get the book. A few days later he told me he had sold the book to the "regular" for the $110,000.

Hope this helps. Thanks again, for all you do.

Rob,

First, I want to thank you for putting this together and giving this info out to other collectors.

I am hesitant to mention this, as I do not want to drive the price of Action 1 up even further, however, there is a sale that is not listed (which was discussed on this board back in March or April of this year. I would have to look it up, to give you an exact date).

At that time, I was offered the CGC universal 0.5 copy for $110,000. I agreed to the price and asked him how he wanted payment made. The seller then told me he wanted to wait and see if one of his "regular" customers would be willing to pay the $110,000. If they were not, then I would get the book. A few days later he told me he had sold the book to the "regular" for the $110,000.

Wait, what? Really?

Rob,

Thanks!

Wait, what? Really?

Yes, this REALLY happened. Took me awhile to get over that one, and move on. I had to remember that these are all just paper and cannot make one happy.

If you want to "read all about it", here is the link. (this might also be helpful to the OP to get a better date)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9241645&fpart=1

So who owns the Pep 22 Church? Any sightings?

Dentist

i thought he had the mh Archie 1 and Fishler has the pep 22?

Pep1-21 Mile High run at HA belonged to Dentist or so I heard so figured 22 did also.

Rob,

How about changing the 100K club to 150K club. Lots of books have reach this 100K criteria and many more in 80K-90K will eclipse that soon too.

Oh, I'll have to do something at some point. Tim has been saying the "100k is the new 10k" thing for a couple of years but it's really true at this point. We're 10x the number of books that were there when I started. If I really worked at it, I could probably add another 40 or so books to the list right now and get to 400 or so. I might cap it at 500 and then only add new books over $250,000 or something. I'll see how it goes.