• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you'd pay for this?

15 posts in this topic

If I really want something I'll go above GPA. Someone has to set the high price for a book so if its one you have to have it might as well be you. If you look at the rise in price for the book its relatively steady so if you really want it start at 5% above GPA to keep with the trend. If you're on the fence offer 10% below. Recently I was bidding on a higher grade ASM #4 and almost doubled last sale (And still lost) so you may need to factor in resources like sales frequency to come up with a realistic price. I'm sure you already have, but buy the grader's notes... The last thing you want is an $8k book with rusted staples! I'm always skeptical of books with scans so bad you can't see any detail.

If I really want something I'll go above GPA. Someone has to set the high price for a book so if its one you have to have it might as well be you. If you look at the rise in price for the book its relatively steady so if you really want it start at 5% above GPA to keep with the trend. If you're on the fence offer 10% below. Recently I was bidding on a higher grade ASM #4 and almost doubled last sale (And still lost) so you may need to factor in resources like sales frequency to come up with a realistic price. I'm sure you already have, but buy the grader's notes... The last thing you want is an $8k book with rusted staples! I'm always skeptical of books with scans so bad you can't see any detail.
Agreed.

The scans are absolutely terrible and it is my opinion it is done to disguise what it probably a very weak 7.0

I've actually purchased the grader notes but I haven't received them yet.

I thought they'd be instant.

I've actually seen a 6.0 with white pages. Thinking of getting that instead.

Also, I haven't been in this for a while, but why are rusty staples a no-no?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Don't think anyone sees rust, but a comment was made earlier suggesting to buy the graders notes. The reson being:

The last thing you want is an $8k book with rusted staples! I'm always skeptical of books with scans so bad you can't see any detail.

Just a hypothetical in this case, and a good reason to buy graders notes when the scans are terrible. If I was following correctly that is.

I'd usually be ok to wait, however the reason for the rush is my wife, as a surprise has bought c2e2 tickets and plane tickets from the UK so that I'd finally get to meet Stan Lee in person.

My favourite comic and my grail is the X-men 1. To me, meeting Stan will be great, but getting him to sign it will be an amazing thing for me.

Hence the "rush"