• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you rather get? AF 15 or Hulk 1?

58 posts in this topic

Given my childhood superhero ranking is:

1. Batman

2. Spider-Man

3. X-Men

4. Wonder Woman

4. Superman

Definitely another vote for AF #15. :)

hmm ... top three the same for me.

worrying - I thought i was unique lol

Very difficult choice and I think some would have to do with the books that are in front of you at the moment that you are considering. If you can hold out and find the one that really suits what you want, I'd get the AF 15 first. I've had an AF 15 for a couple of years and just recently picked up a Hulk 1. I love both characters but Spidey is and will always be my favorite Marvel character. Popularity (if you should need to sell in the future, although Hulk is no slouch in popularity), great storylines, great villains...Spidey has it all.

These sorts of threads always pop up and the reason why you are buying is most important. If you're buying what you like that should be an easy decision.

Like some, I was never really a Spidey collector so while I like the appeal of Spider-man, I like the appeal of tough books more. And I love the Hulk, who made every Silver Age crossover memorable for me.

If you're buying for holding value, Spidey has made his way into the top tier of characters and if AF #15 crashes it would only be because the hobby is crashing.

But if you're looking for run-up value, Hulk #1 has lagged behind books like AF #15 and Showcase #4 and other keys, which have had huge movie bumps lately and I think Hulk #1 is due for another rise (as I speculated in the Hulk #1 thread in the SA forum), especially because all of the Planet Hulk movie buzz floating around over the last few months.

I used to believe movie buzz was a myth (and early on it may have been, for those of us who were SA collectors before the Marvel Movie Universe was formed) and I'm not a fan of it but iit has come to be something real.

It's all going to depend on why you're buying.

You said you can get both then do that these 2 books are not going to loss steam. But if you can only buy one I have to go with AF15 (My favorite superheros of all time are Batman, Spider-Man and Captain America and as far a teams go X-Men is my favorite). Don't get me wrong I love Hulk to but Spidey is Spidey he is simply a global icon (Hulk to but not like Spidey).

For me AF15 = Action Comics 1 and Hulk 1 = Detective Comics 27 for the SA. I use to think TEC 27 would pass Action 1 but it never happened maybe one day but who really knows.

I own a Hulk #1, and chose to purchase this book before an AF#15. I do think that AF#15 is probably a better long term investment though as far as comics go. Hulk #1 was always the big grail I wanted though, so that is where I put my funds :)