• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc 9.6 action comics #1

47 posts in this topic

yes it is , you must have missed the ruffled feathers a few months ago when i first posted it , because i would not state where i got it from it caused a problem so i left this forum, i am back but just to discuss early actions, tecs ,sup's , I sent moondog (Gary) a high resolution scan of my Batman ashcan,hopefully we can discuss sup stuff love it i have actions 1,5,7,8,9,10,13,15,17,19,20 to 25 and sup 1 ,3,4,5,7,&10.more fun 14, lots of early tecs but no bats except 9

raven 893applaud-thumb.gif

801493-batmanashcanfront1.JPG.d960aeab0f5c6f6735ba8a461010d9e7.JPG

But there's currently 5 threads on the main page alone that talk about it. Isn't that a bit excessive?

I agree. Important book, but it does get overexposed and talked about at times. Note whenever the discussion turns to "most....." , "best colletion....", if you dont' have many action, DC or timelys (or high grade of them), the "discussion" is over.....That is why when the thread of 'best collection' went on....why not simply say the 'best' DC or highest grade DC or Timely collection?....It is automatically a self-limiting "conversation"....or actually is a monologue with folks looking in the mirror

Don't get me wrong....important and valuable books yes.....but there is a lot more to explore in the GA than DC and Timely....I have significant examples of both (including a MM run of 1-92), but that is why i created the TOGS (The Other GuyS) thread......so to see and appreciate the other wonderful books that made the GA so great!!!!! Jon

here is a scan of a 9.6 action 1

The blue at the top is the completely wrong colour for a GENUINE Action 1.

It's the same colour as the Famous First Edition.

But yes the boulders are there that were purposely missing from the Famous First Edition.

It's another fake, just like the Batman Ashcan.

But yes the boulders are there that were purposely missing from the Famous First Edition.

NO! It's real! Or to translate into raven, "noit rela action 1 cgc 9.6 weres you action numer 7 ia hve batman ashcan"

NO! It's real! Or to translate into raven, "noit rela action 1 cgc 9.6 weres you action numer 7 ia hve batman ashcan"

cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

i know your bustin my chops! that is a stock image used in overstreet and other ads,,,but that is very funny what you said, yes!

Unless you are Raven, he wasn't talking about you.

wow the tension is so thick , it is just comic books ,some of us have solid collections(raven,action1kid,moondog)and some of us have great powerpuff girl and muppet baby collections (ffb and abrams) guys get over it , this is a forum for discussing golden age comics and some of the best collections exist amongst the members of this forum, have fun this is not world shattering events.

raven

wow the tension is so thick , it is just comic books ,some of us have solid collections(raven,action1kid,moondog)and some of us have great powerpuff girl and muppet baby collections (ffb and abrams) guys get over it , this is a forum for discussing golden age comics and some of the best collections exist amongst the members of this forum, have fun this is not world shattering events.

raven

Do you have a Muppet Baby ashcan?

Maybe its because your posting fake comics?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fake tec 1, fake Action 1, fake Batman 1 Ashcan...etc etc....893blahblah.gif

More and more I get the feeling your an "Attention Whore"

But hey prove me wrong.... What have you got to lose? blush.gif