• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Action comics #7 scarcer than action comics #1

15 posts in this topic

I have been told 7 is a tough book to find, especially in higher grade and unrestored. Not to say I could afford an Action 1, but I've been looking for a unrestored Action 7 (a poor man's Action 1) in decent grade for a while now with no success.

i dont know about restored and unrestored but in total there are many more action 7s than there are action 1s.i say this through 30 years of observing and counting,

as my screen name suggests thats my specialty early actions..

At least in the last five years, unrestored Action #1s have appeared in the comic market more often then unrestored Action #7s.

I have been waiting for a nice unrestored Action #7 to come along. Metro had a VG-, but looking at the back cover it was obvious it used to have several tear seals which were then removed and the book just looks horrible and then there is that Action #7 that has binder holes which was won at Heritage and then was offered countless times on Ebay and ComicLink for two years.

hi,again i am referring to the totality of action #7s ,if you count restored and unrestored copies ,there are many more action 7s...what is probably rarer than action 1 in totality are actions 2 and 3...

I was pointing out that for the last five years an unrestored Action #7 has been more scarce in the marketplace than an unrestored Action #1.

I believe what you are saying are that there is less surviving copies of Action #1 in existance than of Action #7.

Our information doesn't contradict, it just provides a different perspective on scarcity.

But your comment about totality of restored + unrestored copies did get me to look up the census. There summation of the unrestored and restored copies are:

Action #1 = 28 and Action #7 = 13

Darren

THERE ARE MANY ACTION1S AND ACTION 7S THE CENSUS HAS NOT YET ACCOUNTED FOR[iF YOU MEAN CGC...AND I DONT FEEL AS OF YET THAT IT CAN BE USED AS A BAROMETER..IT IS TO EARLY IN THE LIFE OF THAT PARTICULAR CENSUS....MY OPINIONS ARE BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS OVER A GREAT PERIOD OF TIME

THERE ARE MANY ACTION1S AND ACTION 7S THE CENSUS HAS NOT YET ACCOUNTED FOR[iF YOU MEAN CGC...AND I DONT FEEL AS OF YET THAT IT CAN BE USED AS A BAROMETER..IT IS TO EARLY IN THE LIFE OF THAT PARTICULAR CENSUS....MY OPINIONS ARE BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS OVER A GREAT PERIOD OF TIME

Did you read my post? I am not saying I disagree with you.

At least in the last five years, unrestored Action #1s have appeared in the comic market more often then unrestored Action #7s.

I have been waiting for a nice unrestored Action #7 to come along. Metro had a VG-, but looking at the back cover it was obvious it used to have several tear seals which were then removed and the book just looks horrible and then there is that Action #7 that has binder holes which was won at Heritage and then was offered countless times on Ebay and ComicLink for two years.

Like you mention, I remember seeing that Action #7 cgc 2.0 with the binder holes on ebay & comiclink many times. However, I haven't see it in quite a while. Do you know if it sold? To who &/or for how much does anybody know?

Like you mention, I remember seeing that Action #7 cgc 2.0 with the binder holes on ebay & comiclink many times. However, I haven't see it in quite a while. Do you know if it sold? To who &/or for how much does anybody know?

No I don't, maybe someone with GPA could let us know. It's the only CGC 2.0 that has been on the market during the time GPA was collecting data.