• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

29 posts in this topic

Will post a handful of books today.

Thread will close Sunday night.

Assume all centerfolds are solid and attached unless noted. I'm tired of taking pictures of boring centerfolds. I would rather take an interior shot with more exciting artwork. If there is an issue with the centerfold I will let you know.

Priority shipping $7 for raw and $15 for slabs

Payment via PayPal, check or MO. Checks are held for clearance.

Books will ship within 3-4 business days of payment.

No HOS, POS, or any other probation list type of people.

Returns are fine on raw books within a week of receipt. If I messed up I will pay shipping back too. I am immensely human, unfortunately.

Wings 75- 6.0 - $90 $65

This book is pretty with Lubbers art . Has some creasing on bc that would press. Has 1/2" edge tears on six interior pages that do not get into art at all. Really nice book with fantastic art.

What are people not talking about Howard Larson??

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

image hosting sites

Lubbers was an entertaining guy. He played trombone at night with Billy Baker and his 10-piece band, art school by day. When he tired of seeing his girl friend, Grace Oestreich, coming into the clubs and dancing with other guys, Lubbers said, "I made a career change."

In 1940, Lubbers and Stan Drake enlisted at Centaur; he later moved to Fiction House, where he worked until 1950. "The greatest college of all time," he says. "Comic magazines were the place I learned to draw fast, if not well. We were all just learning."

Which sets up this Murphy Anderson story: On Lubbers' first day back at Fiction House after the war, Anderson had the day off. "They didn't have a desk set up for him," Anderson said, "so they just sat him at mine. I came in the next morning and there on my desk was a stack of artwork. There were seven penciled pages ready to be inked. I was aghast. Bob had done that on his first day back, and that was with the boss taking him out to eat and taking him around to talk to everyone because he was their star artist. I used to tell Bob that we could forgive him for being fast and we could forgive him for being good, but that it was unforgivable that he was both."

Lubbers was an entertaining guy. He played trombone at night with Billy Baker and his 10-piece band, art school by day. When he tired of seeing his girl friend, Grace Oestreich, coming into the clubs and dancing with other guys, Lubbers said, "I made a career change."

In 1940, Lubbers and Stan Drake enlisted at Centaur; he later moved to Fiction House, where he worked until 1950. "The greatest college of all time," he says. "Comic magazines were the place I learned to draw fast, if not well. We were all just learning."

Which sets up this Murphy Anderson story: On Lubbers' first day back at Fiction House after the war, Anderson had the day off. "They didn't have a desk set up for him," Anderson said, "so they just sat him at mine. I came in the next morning and there on my desk was a stack of artwork. There were seven penciled pages ready to be inked. I was aghast. Bob had done that on his first day back, and that was with the boss taking him out to eat and taking him around to talk to everyone because he was their star artist. I used to tell Bob that we could forgive him for being fast and we could forgive him for being good, but that it was unforgivable that he was both."

Good background info, thanks. :applause: