• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brosnan back as 007?

4 posts in this topic

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20047

Hey folks, Harry here... Well, it isn't Clive Owen or Orlando Bloom or Daniel Craig. It's still Pierce Brosnan - and frankly I'm glad. One - I feel Brosnan is a good fit with the material - albeit I wish desperately that a really tough filmmaker would make the Atom Bond movie to end them all. Just something that completely shook up the character and gave Brosnan the juicy material that he so richly deserves and is completely capable in performing. Clive will be a major action star, but word on the street is he's headed towards a different action film. Orlando is too busy shooting back to back PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN flicks... and I'm hearing that Daniel Craig will be starring in Spielberg's Munich Olympics film. So... I'm pretty sure that Dame Judi Dench is shooting straight here. And that's good news, dontcha think?

This film series shouldve died a long time ago (waaaaay before they brought in Timothy Dalton to play the part!! tongue.gif - Although bringing in Halle Barry wasnt a bad move... thumbsup2.gif )

This film series shouldve died a long time ago (waaaaay before they brought in Timothy Dalton to play the part!! tongue.gif - Although bringing in Halle Barry wasnt a bad move... thumbsup2.gif )

except the best thing they could do with her was reprise the Ursula Andres swimsuit scene...

i go see every bond film, but I agree, should have stopped after the last of the Flemming books.

back in the day, it was about the villain and the scraps and the gadgets were there to help...now it's about the effects and bigger/badder gadgets...

the swirling laser thingy from the last movie.....the remote control bmw....cloaked astin martin....

just gettin silly.

I didn't mind the cloaked car, it's actually based on real technology. The car has cameras on one side that project that image on the other.

http://www.time.com/time/2003/inventions/invinvisible.html

The silliest part was the para-sailing scene. The last one was great up until then. The producers get this silly notion they have to out do themselves with the stunts. All they have to do is concentrate on plot and come up with good action sequences, but stay away from fantastic, over-the-top sequences that take you out of the movie.