• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

Sweeeet! :headbang: Your first Church FH? hm

I've only got one other.

Jungle07594.jpg

Very nice, also! :cloud9:

The writing on the cover drives me bats. The only thing these books are good for is the cover. :pullhair:

Send 'em my way. Wouldn't want you to sully your paws with those silly "D" codes. :whistle:

The writing on the cover drives me bats. The only thing these books are good for is the cover. :pullhair:

Its all just part of the history of the books and collection. Seems rather cool to me.

Nothing really wrong with it, just something I would rather not have on a GA book as the cover is almost everything.

Funny thing is I don't mind date stamps as long as they aren't hand written or in grease pencil.

Nothing really wrong with it, just something I would rather not have on a GA book as the cover is almost everything.

Funny thing is I don't mind date stamps as long as they aren't hand written or in grease pencil.

I used to dislike all datestamps. It was only after a couple years of more serious GA collecting that I decided I could not only tolerate them, but in some cases actually preferred them. And there are lots of GA books with great interiors, though they are bit hard to get to when sealed behind plastic.

I have read all the Jumbos I have. Nostalgic trips down memory lane if I were an old fart, maybe. Great interiors, not so much.

Very few nice stories in Jumbo, or FH in general. There are other GA books with fun interiors.

I have read all the Jumbos I have. Nostalgic trips down memory lane if I were an old fart, maybe. Great interiors, not so much.

Very few nice stories in Jumbo, or FH in general. There are other GA books with fun interiors.

Fiction House was one of the very few publishers who actually had some continuity from issue to issue. There are even a few serialized or long form running stories, particularly in Planet. And for the most part the art was competent. I wish someone would reprint Fiction House story lines in graphic novel format. Folks might gain a better appreciation for them.

Just picked up some Fiction House for myself today......not nearly as sweet as some of the recent posts but I averaged $27-28 a piece so I am happy!

Rangers Comics #16

rangers16.jpg

Jungle Comics #65

jungle65.jpg

Wings Comics #88

wings88.jpg

and several more but these were some of my favorites.

That's my favorite Wings cover!!

Nice books. and a BARGAIN price too !!!!! (thumbs u

Just picked up some Fiction House for myself today......not nearly as sweet as some of the recent posts but I averaged $27-28 a piece so I am happy!

Rangers Comics #16

rangers16.jpg

Jungle Comics #65

jungle65.jpg

Wings Comics #88

wings88.jpg

I will double you $ on that Rangers book!!

Congrats!

T

Rangers Comics #16

rangers16.jpg

Jungle Comics #65

jungle65.jpg

Wings Comics #88

wings88.jpg

I will double you $ on that Rangers book!!

I'll pay you 2 times what you paid divided by 2. :whistle:

Fiction House was one of the very few publishers who actually had some continuity from issue to issue. There are even a few serialized or long form running stories, particularly in Planet. And for the most part the art was competent. I wish someone would reprint Fiction House story lines in graphic novel format. Folks might gain a better appreciation for them.

Or, a set of Planet Archives with good repro would be welcome. Aahh, one can dream ...