• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

I've picked up 3 Fiction House books in the last couple months.

The first two I am very excited about, but the third I will probably type more about in thread.

Here is the first one.

Rangers Comics 15 CGC 9.2 (Gerber 8)

af31cf15.jpg

This one is my favorite, an impossible book to find, especially in grade. Puts my raw 5.0 to shame. :sorry:

5.0 is nothing to be ashamed of when the book in question is a Gerber 8!

Edited by alanna

From time to time I have fun on Heritage Archive. I search for certain titles and I get to see many books that I might not otherwise have the opportunity to see. I am sure we have all done this before. In the archive, there are a handful of books that I keep looking up and I am just simply in awe of the fact that they exist in such great condition.

There is one book in particular that I found myself coming back to over and over again to simply enjoy looking at it, never thinking it realistic that I would ever see it in person, let alone own it. Below is the book I am speaking of.

Here is the third book. Completely excited to own this...

b705e163.jpg

Amazing! :luhv:

Ghost Comics 1 Spokane beauty!

100_3776.jpg

Hokey smokes! :applause:

Just back from CGC. Best coloring I've ever seen on a #88, which is in my top 3 favorite Wings Comics covers. I love the color of the sky in the background.

First pic is from iPhone (I don't have a scanner).

Second pic from a scan from the person I bought it from pre CGC.

08cb4c9a.jpg

796864c2.jpg

Oh Wow! One of my FAVORITE books! The colors on this copy are amazing!!! (worship)

hm

That may have been my copy. I think.

Just back from CGC. Best coloring I've ever seen on a #88, which is in my top 3 favorite Wings Comics covers. I love the color of the sky in the background.

08cb4c9a.jpg

796864c2.jpg

Oh Wow! One of my FAVORITE books! The colors on this copy are amazing!!! (worship)

hm

This one is from the "Smoke Shop collection". Has a stamp on back cover.

Was it once yours?

08cb4c9a.jpg

796864c2.jpg

hm

Was it once yours?

I don't remember. The tear in the top left looked familiar. I could be wrong though. Nice book btw!

08cb4c9a.jpg

796864c2.jpg

hm

Was it once yours?

I don't remember. The tear in the top left looked familiar. I could be wrong though. Nice book btw!

I've noticed that type tear on several 88's. Maybe a printing/manufacturing defect???