• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,654 posts in this topic

Inspired by these boards I had to get this, my favorite Planet cover. I love the woman in the bubble!! I even got a print of it and I am having it framed.

[planet44tg2.jpg

Edited by Griz

Here a couple late-run Planets with Whitman covers that I got recently...

planet71.jpg

planet73.jpg

Cool Planets! The #71 is one of my favorite covers. thumbsup2.gif

Anyone on the boards trying to put together a full run of Planets? That would be a fun collection to be sure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here a couple late-run Planets with Whitman covers that I got recently...

planet71.jpg

planet73.jpg

Cool Planets! The #71 is one of my favorite covers. thumbsup2.gif

Anyone on the boards trying to put together a full run of Planets? That would be a fun collection to be sure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I almost started collecting the whole run last night!

There were some decent ones ending on ebay last night that had fairly reasonable opening bids that were still bidless with a couple hours to go. I looked over GPA and recent Heritage auctions and it looks like its a good time to get into Planet, as prices seem to be lower now than at any time in the last 5 years.

In the end I decided I have enough irons in the fire right now, so my Planet run will have to wait for another day... but its definitely in my future plans. And this thread takes most of the blame.....

Inspired by these boards I had to get this, my favorite Planet cover. I love the woman in the bubble!! I even got a print of it and I am having it framed.

I screwed up my earlier post as I was learning to post images boo.gif, let's try again:

planet44pb9.jpg

Congratulations! That's a beautiful cover, Griz! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

DC put out some Superman/Jimmy Olson comics in the late 50s with the same theme and I like them for the same reason. Steelcity has posted a couple in the SA Forum not in the past week or so.

Edited by adamstrange

Thanks for the interior shots! Crazy crazy jungle cats ripping 'chutes! Wow. cool.gif

Yeah...just as a rule of thumb, when you've got an army of lions dropping on you from out of the sky, you're toast. Good safety tip there. thumbsup2.gif

Here's the splash page of the Camilla story. (Hey Ryan, this one's going out to you!)

1823786-camillasm.jpg

WHEEEE! 893applaud-thumb.gif Good times!! How did you know I love giant spidery thingys? Thanks P5!!

That looks like it was worth every penny of the $34 you paid... that Hanks story is a riot!! Just curious, how is the PQ? The seller didn't sound too sure about anything on his books, which is mainly what kept me away ... but for $34 , what do you want??

The pages are a bit weak at the corners, but otherwise nice and supple. I stayed away from her other books for the same reason...they looked to have severe rounding/brittleness at the corners. Took a chance on this one.

Yep, some fun art & stories! I'm pretty sure I recognize a couple of other Fox artists in addition to Hanks...which makes sense, as the Eisner/Iger shop was cranking pages out for both Fox and Fiction House circa 1940.

My first Jungle Comics, but it won't be my last!

Another cheap GA fix courtesy of ebay... $34 shipped. smile.gif

1823779-jungle12sm.jpg

Sweet deal - and it looks like excellent page quality to boot 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif