• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

Jumbo27_zpsa09a83e5.jpg
:cloud9:

Stunning book! You never see this one.

I've got double vision!!! :insane:

Jumbo027.jpg

That's the only copy showing as yet on the Census - now you will have the only two!

One of the results of trying to complete full graded runs of long titles is that I have to submit a lot of books that I get raw, especially for less common or less interesting issues. I actually managed to have as many as the only four copies graded copies of a couple of issues. I guess it makes it easier to have the highest graded copy.

I can't get enough of these Fiction House books.

Cheetah, you collection rocks! I hope to have a collection like that some time... I would be happy with half a collection like that.

At this time my favorites are the Firehair comic and for some reason I just love these Cowgirl Romances covers.

Surprisingly tough and surprisingly good :cloud9:

Some more Jungles and Jumbos. These are all surprisingly tough books to find in decent shape.

Jungle153MileHigh_zpsf92f769e.jpg

Surprisingly tough and surprisingly good :cloud9:

Some more Jungles and Jumbos. These are all surprisingly tough books to find in decent shape.

Jungle153MileHigh_zpsf92f769e.jpg

I picked up five Mile High Jungles and Jumbos a couple of months ago off Heritage. I didn't know if they were Monk copies or were simply owned by someone who regularly threw them down the stairs. You could see the signs of them being Edgar's copies with the pretty white pages but the tears and dings were kinda sad.

Jungle17_zps577cc66b.jpg

Very tough book. Glad you found one. (thumbs u

Thanks, Kelly. I've got 10 Jungles left to finish the entire run and all but one are between 9 and 29. That entire period had some of the best covers (IMHO) and I think they just get a place in people's collections and don't find their way out.

I also managed to find a F/VF Jumbo 159 today so I am down to four that I do not have and three of these are currently available, just either more than I think they are worth or with some degree of Resto.

Jungle17_zps577cc66b.jpg

Very tough book. Glad you found one. (thumbs u

Thanks, Kelly. I've got 10 Jungles left to finish the entire run and all but one are between 9 and 29. That entire period had some of the best covers (IMHO) and I think they just get a place in people's collections and don't find their way out.

I also managed to find a F/VF Jumbo 159 today so I am down to four that I do not have and three of these are currently available, just either more than I think they are worth or with some degree of Resto.

I agree about the Jungle Comics from 9-29. they are tougher and have some of the coolest covers of the run. What's funny is that the same number run applies to Planet and Fight as far as toughness to locate and coolness factor.

On the Jungles, I only own two in that group of 9-29 and feel fortunate to own both. The Jungle 17 has been in my sig line want list for 3-4 years, so extra nice pick up by you.

30622150.jpg

b53bf539.jpg

Won the Jumbo 167 on CLink just now. Surprised I had to go as high as I had to, but that's a super rare issue. I have been looking for 4 or 5 years and I have seen exactly two copies. A beater and this one.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DJumbo%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F955386&id=955386

Won the Jumbo 167 on CLink just now. Surprised I had to go as high as I had to

That's lunch money for you.

Won the Jumbo 167 on CLink just now. Surprised I had to go as high as I had to, but that's a super rare issue. I have been looking for 4 or 5 years and I have seen exactly two copies. A beater and this one.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DJumbo%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F955386&id=955386

I was surprised I lost it.

But I've got a fine copy at CGC so it's not so bad.

Figured I was going up against you. Should have PMed you first, might have saved some of my lunch money.

Figured I was going up against you. Should have PMed you first, might have saved some of my lunch money.

No problem. I'm always open to discussions, though.

A couple of tough ones just in this week. Jungle 39 from Terry's Comics and Jungle 137 back from CGC. #137 is surprisingly tough to find in even moderate condition. No idea why but after getting this one, all I have left to finish the run from 43 to 163 is #160. That one is in the mail to me back from CGC.

Jungle39_zps2d098016.jpg

Jungle137_zps8b97a062.jpg