• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

No idea why but after getting this one, all I have left to finish the run from 43 to 163 is #160. That one is in the mail to me back from CGC.
Imipressive feat! How long has it taken you?

No idea why but after getting this one, all I have left to finish the run from 43 to 163 is #160. That one is in the mail to me back from CGC.

4-ish years so far, but I've still got a dozen left between 9 and 42. Four Jumbos, four Planets, and a dozen Jungles and I will finish off all three.

4-ish years so far, but I've still got a dozen left between 9 and 42. Four Jumbos, four Planets, and a dozen Jungles and I will finish off all three.

Even more impressive!!! :applause:

Even more impressive!!! :applause:

Thanks, Alan. I managed to pick up a F/VF copy of Jumbo 159 but the copies of 13 and 25 I was looking at had restoration so I passed on those. Others will come along, though.

#160. That one is in the mail to me back from CGC.

Great. That means this copy is now safe. :angel:

Jungle160_zps162f325e.jpg

I'd be overjoyed (and shocked) if my copy comes back as Fine. I assume that is another one of Mr. Church's copies. How did you end up with such nicely preserved copies when all the other Church Jumbo and Jungle books from that stretch seem to have been trashed?

Fight Comics # 44 with a very Cool printing error. The interior cover of this book comprises of the front cover of Jungle Comics # 77. Cover is not married and interior is certainly that of Fight Comics # 44 (As per per GCD) and cover is attached well at staples and centerfold. I have seen double, triple and even quadruple covers but this is Unique??

Fight44FC_zpsf213ba81.jpg

Fight44InFC_zps684ccdde.jpg

Fight44InBC_zpsf8189791.jpg

Edited by eccomic

I'd be overjoyed (and shocked) if my copy comes back as Fine. I assume that is another one of Mr. Church's copies. How did you end up with such nicely preserved copies when all the other Church Jumbo and Jungle books from that stretch seem to have been trashed?

Feel free to send that "trashed" Church 140 my way. :kidaround:

The Jungle 160 is not a Church copy but is the lone cgc 9.2 on the census -- I think it's old label but don't quote me.

The late part of the FH runs have never been particularly sought after and when I saw a nice Church or non-Church I usually picked it up.

Fight Comics # 44 with a very Cool printing error. The interior cover of this book comprises of the front cover of Jungle Comics # 77. Cover is not married and interior is certainly that of Fight Comics # 44 (As per per GCD) and cover is attached well at staples and centerfold. I have seen double, triple and even quadruple covers but this is Unique??

Fight44InBC_zpsf8189791.jpg

This is a very unusual printing error but there are many varieties of printing error beside multiple covers. Jamie Graham shared a number of weird examples that he has and I took pictures of a couple of them.

Geekfest201210_zpse144a588.jpg

Geekfest20129_zps417db26d.jpg

I know many wouldn't go near a light tan pq, but I really liked the colours on this one and I'm very happy to add it to my collection today. :banana:

WingsComicsCGC7_0LtnowSML-1.jpg

Classic.

More recent labels for this book have a classic bondage notation on them.

I know many wouldn't go near a light tan pq, but I really liked the colours on this one and I'm very happy to add it to my collection today. :banana:

WingsComicsCGC7_0LtnowSML-1.jpg

Classic.

More recent labels for this book have a classic bondage notation on them.

Definitely a classic. Nice pick up.

One of the very few Fiction House covers where the 'Damsel in Distress' is looking right at the reader of the book.