• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

First page of WAMBI #13, Fall '51 issue.

8456722824_7914bfacf5.jpg

mm

Interesting how the Planet cover shown has vastly different coloring than the one printed for circulation. Usually these collages of covers were spot on what one would see on the news stands. hm

First page of WAMBI #13, Fall '51 issue.

8456722824_7914bfacf5.jpg

mm

Interesting how the Planet cover shown has vastly different coloring than the one printed for circulation. Usually these collages of covers were spot on what one would see on the news stands. hm

It's not the only one that is off.

Indians8.jpg

Planet65.jpg

Fight77FC_zpsb0bfc896.jpg

Jumbo152-1.jpg

At least they are consistent about being off for all their titles for this month. (shrug)

What is your opinion about the planet colors, do you like the real cover colors or the one with yellow at the top?

Planet65.jpg

#65 has always been one of my favorite Planet covers almost entirely due to the color choices. More importantly, though, it would totally screw up the colors on 66 and that would be criminal.

PlanetComics66.jpg

Two separate purchases which just arrived:

IMG_2310_zps251a2159.jpg

This is my first original art page from a Golden age book, and I was pretty surprised at how large it is - significantly bigger than the modern art pages I have. This is from Jungle Comics 158, which was the last issue to include Wambi, so this may be his last appearance as his own book had already ended. Does anyone know if he appeared anyplace else after this, aside from the IW reprint?