• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

Sold off all of my Jumbos and Jungles some years back, but couldn't resist reacquiring this one for the great cover colours! One of my favourite Jungle covers. My only complaint is the cover doesn't relate to the story inside (as far as I remember)!

JungleComics105CGC8_zpsabbf5667.jpg

You mean that she's not the Red Witch of Ubangi-Shan? hm

Sold off all of my Jumbos and Jungles some years back, but couldn't resist reacquiring this one for the great cover colours! One of my favourite Jungle covers. My only complaint is the cover doesn't relate to the story inside (as far as I remember)!

It's a long long time since I had a raw copy, but I recall being very disappointed that the contents didnt live up to the promise of the cover.

It's a long long time since I had a raw copy, but I recall being very disappointed that the contents didnt live up to the promise of the cover.

My limited experience says most women who look like that don't. :insane:

I won this beaut on Comic Connect in February:

wings_090_zps7a08c110.jpg

When I dropped into the metro offices to collect it (and to be gobsmacked by the art on the walls there!) I picked this one up as well:

wings_095_zps03dcc79c.jpg

When I dropped into the metro offices to collect it (and to be gobsmacked by the art on the walls there!) I picked this one up as well:

Now, that's a dedicated collector! Flies from Australia to Manhattan to pick up his books! (thumbs u

Two nice books. :applause:

Now, that's a dedicated collector! Flies from Australia to Manhattan to pick up his books! (thumbs u

Saves me heaps on postage. :insane:

:applause: Fantastic comic - #1 on my Wings to find list.

??? You don't already have one? Couldn't you just pick one up when you were at Metro :baiting:

lol Funny you should say that... I looked long and hard at the CGC 6.5 copy they have while I was there. It didn't quite make the cut. Lovely book but with a detached corner triangle. Very close to pulling the trigger...

Oh, not that I buy Fine + copies of anything anyway but I'd be picky too.

I am more of the $20 to $25 kind of guy which is what I paid for my copy IIRC. Condition goes hand in hand with price paid I am afraid ...

Wings93_zps21c76f7d.jpg

Oh, not that I buy Fine + copies of anything anyway but I'd be picky too.

I am more of the $20 to $25 kind of guy which is what I paid for my copy IIRC. Condition goes hand in hand with price paid I am afraid ...

Wings93_zps21c76f7d.jpg

I'll give you $30 for it :baiting:

Comicbooks025_zps35472e42.jpg

Love the colors on this one! Sorry about the purple lines... time to get a new camera

Beautiful bright colors, awesome

Thank you! Once I figure out how to scan you will see how beautiful the colors are. I am a pretty strict grader and I give this a 6.5/7.0 (could even get a higher grade if I CGC it) so it is higher grade with beautiful colors... I paid a higher price for this for that reason but figured it would go up in value since higher grade fiction house with really good colors are super hard to come by.