• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

I'm telling ya its a buyers market more and more on EBAY these days - especially in the RAW 8.0-9.0 range. Of course most of those books are over graded but thats the trick isnt it. grin.gif

It really is a buyer's market. 25-50% guide is the norm on 7.0-9.0 stuff, which makes for some great deals. I use a simple forumla that works like a charm. If I can't tell the grade definitively from the scan, I drop a full grade off the seller's and bid up to 50% guide. I am disappointed maybe 1 out of 20 times, and very pleased maybe 5 out of 20. Good enough for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a similar formula but it depends on my intentions for the book. Since I am getting better at picking dealers that grade at least close, I usually do consider my bid based off of their given grade assuming the scan matches up. As a general rule, if the book(s) is a flip I'll go up to 25% guide, usually this is for lots. If it is a book that I want to keep I'll go up to 50% of guide. I usually just use Overstreet as my guide. Sure, I've been disappointed a few times, but I've also been surprised on the upside. Either way, I keep using this strategy and it has brought me many nice books and great flips. For BA horror I have upped my "limits" over the past year due to speculation of higher guide prices in the future and there are always exceptions to my system.

Here's a scan of the Don Rosa Detective #411 that I picked up in San Diego...eat your heart out, October_Fire: poke2.gif

Graded as a VF/NM, which I think is a little high. More like a 8.0. The back is really nice.

sd05.jpg

Damn corner crease prevented me from buying it! foreheadslap.gif

Good thing I'm not as picky as Greggy. It's nice enough for me, but just not nice enough to qualify as a sweet, sweet DC. yeahok.gif

Yeah...it's all for the best, as I had a lot of other books to buy. I feel sorry for the Chicago buyers, as the books have pretty well been picked over! yay.gif

Good thing I'm not as picky as Greggy. It's nice enough for me, but just not nice enough to qualify as a sweet, sweet DC. yeahok.gif

Yeah...it's all for the best, as I had a lot of other books to buy. I feel sorry for the Chicago buyers, as the books have pretty well been picked over! yay.gif

Too bad, so sad. tongue.gif I'm just happy that there were still some good books left by Friday and Saturday. yay.gif

Too bad, so sad. tongue.gif I'm just happy that there were still some good books left by Friday and Saturday. yay.gif

The only stuff that they will have are the around 300 books that missed the 9.4 prescreen grade. However, Ewert will probably raid all of those first anyways! foreheadslap.gif

The only stuff that they will have are the around 300 books that missed the 9.4 prescreen grade. However, Ewert will probably raid all of those first anyways! foreheadslap.gif

Greggy, were those 300 books not there? Since all the slabs were there I assumed that the 300 rejects would have been returned to them and on display, but I may be wrong. Yeah, if those guys are bringing what's left to Chicago then all the popular titles will pretty much be gone. However, there were some others that sat around not selling like Superman, Action, Superboy, Kamandi, Wonder Woman and much of the 80s books.

Greggy, were those 300 books not there? Since all the slabs were there I assumed that the 300 rejects would have been returned to them and on display, but I may be wrong. Yeah, if those guys are bringing what's left to Chicago then all the popular titles will pretty much be gone. However, there were some others that sat around not selling like Superman, Action, Superboy, Kamandi, Wonder Woman and much of the 80s books.

Nope they were there. At least that's what Steve Wyatt told me. He also mentioned it to Josh from ComicLink when he was around on the Thursday. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif