• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

Went to my LCS here in Austin yesterday called Austin Books and Comics. If anyone is ever passing through and wants to go to a quality comic store, go see what Brad has to offer. You will be impressed. I brought that up to lead into this. While i was there, i saw where they had the new Neal Adams complete Batman Volume 3. That made me look at the other two volumes and let me tell you i was amazed at the color job Neal did on those books. They looked beautiful. As soon as I can i'm going to pick up this 3 hardcover run. It reprints every cover and story that Neal did that included Batman. Batman, Detective, World's Finest, Brave and the Bold ect, you get the picture. If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo), pick them up. You won't be sorry.

Scott

If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo), pick them up. You won't be sorry.

Scott,

I was looking through that book today too. I think when the first one came out some people were complaining about the coloring but the coloring in this volume was really striking, I thought. Nice to see the Record comics in the volume. Lots of big, bold closeups.

I love Aparo too, but Adams is Adams man, the best.

Marc

Hey Scott,

I've been to Austin Books a few times (back when I went to SWT) about 5 years ago. I have known Brad and his brother Brent for around 20 years now. Brent runs my LCS-Bankston's in Waco.

I picked up the Volume 3 of the Neal Adams Batman Collection to complete the set last Wednesday. Seems like this one has alot more of his covers than the first two volumes, not that I'm complaining.

Hey Scott,

I've been to Austin Books a few times (back when I went to SWT) about 5 years ago. I have known Brad and his brother Brent for around 20 years now. Brent runs my LCS-Bankston's in Waco.

I picked up the Volume 3 of the Neal Adams Batman Collection to complete the set last Wednesday. Seems like this one has alot more of his covers than the first two volumes, not that I'm complaining.

Have never been to Bankston's, but next time i am heading up I35 i will have to look them up. The reason for the amount of covers is that once DC realized that any cover with Neal's artwork sold better than anything else, they pulled him off doing stories and concentrating on almost entirely covers. He would do the occasional story, but they became fewer and far between. He would get to do stories for the Warren and Marvel magazines, but DC wanted their main man selling books with his cover work, because as we know, the cover is what sold the book (over storyline) in those days. I know it always did to me. tongue.gif

Scott

If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo), pick them up. You won't be sorry.

Scott,

I was looking through that book today too. I think when the first one came out some people were complaining about the coloring but the coloring in this volume was really striking, I thought. Nice to see the Record comics in the volume. Lots of big, bold closeups.

And on that note.... cloud9.gif

adams2449.jpg

Scott,

And on that note.... cloud9.gif

adams2449.jpg

I love this issue. The look on Ra's face when Batman tracks him down is priceless. Once the scorpion hit Batman, Ra's thought he was done for, but Talia bailed him out of serious trouble, and he was able to hand Ra's butt to him. smile.gif

Nice looking Adams book by the way,and a good choice for where to put the signature. It stands out without destroying the main character artwork. Congratulations.

Scott