• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2017 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD
2 2

471 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2017 at 10:29 AM, ivdyer said:

Ash took his time with this one.  It's an epic piece for Van Dyke and Rooker.  Went with the Mary Poppins theme, easily one of my favorites.  

B8BEBA57-946B-4ACD-B257-8B47D7BF50D7_zps

"Hey y'all, I'm Mary Poppins!"  Probably my favorite line from GOTG2

This thread has been ghost town compared to past years. Not sure about other boardies but Ive been pretty much priced out of a lot of the artists i wanted as it seems the 'flipper' crowd have now moved into OA territory :frown:

Edited by Nino_013

2 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

This thread has been ghost town compared to past years. Not sure about other boardies but Ive been pretty much priced out of a lot of the artists i wanted as it seems the 'flipper' crowd have now moved into OA territory :frown:

Not sure about the flipper crowd but I agree with you on prices. I would love to get other artists but prices are high. That’s why I have been turning to Ash, Frank, etc....as their art is phenomenal and economical.

36 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Not sure about the flipper crowd but I agree with you on prices. I would love to get other artists but prices are high. That’s why I have been turning to Ash, Frank, etc....as their art is phenomenal and economical.

I know its been steadily on the increase since i first started but pretty much its every other day now that you hear another artist increase their rates. Which i dont really blame them when you see prices like these being realised for what are essentially just head sketches from a 'flavour of the month' type artist.

20170929_223829.png

FB_IMG_1506506007073.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

I know its been steadily on the increase since i first started but pretty much its every other day now that you hear another artist increase their rates. Which i dont really blame them when you see prices like these being realised for what are essentially just head sketches from a 'flavour of the month' type artist.

20170929_223829.png

FB_IMG_1506506007073.jpg

Well said, I get fully painted covers from Ash both front and back for significantly less than these prices for a simple head sketch/bust.  

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Thanks Charles! 

I think I am pretty fair when it comes to charging for my work. I think about the amount of time, effort and supplies it goes into the pieces. There will be times I offer deals on my covers when it comes to Ebay or you can talk to me personally to work out deals too. I can be flexible and fair. 

I would love to collect sketch covers too from my favorite artists but, man, some of their prices are too steep for my wallet. They either charge way too much or I'm charging way too less. xD

Just to add, I did have to raise my prices a tad just because of the flipper dealers on Ebay

Edited by FAKadar

12 minutes ago, FAKadar said:

Thanks Charles! 

I think I am pretty fair when it comes to charging for my work. I think about the amount of time, effort and supplies it goes into the pieces. There will be times I offer deals on my covers when it comes to Ebay or you can talk to me personally to work out deals too. I can be flexible and fair. 

I would love to collect sketch covers too from my favorite artists but, man, some of their prices are too steep for my wallet. They either charge way too much or I'm charging way too less. xD

Just to add, I did have to raise my prices a tad just because of the flipper dealers on Ebay. 

Wow, what a stand up guy.:wink:

I don't own any of your work, but have always enjoyed seeing it. To post here to fans and to be as transparent as possible says a lot about your character. 

Here are a few more sketch covers that are now off to CGC.  First, a Bob Layton Iron Man commission (with much appreciated help from A-Donis) and second,  a cover that I commissioned from a newer artist (Nathaniel Melendez) . This is my first time working with Nathaniel and his work so far looks rather impressive.

LaytonONE.jpg

N. Melendez Jokers and HQs.jpg

Edited by Ron C.

3 hours ago, DTM700 said:

Wow, what a stand up guy.:wink:

I don't own any of your work, but have always enjoyed seeing it. To post here to fans and to be as transparent as possible says a lot about your character. 

Thanks but there's nothing to hide about this. It's the truth. :)

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

a cover that I commissioned from a newer artist (Nathaniel Melendez) . This is my first time working with Nathaniel and his work so far looks rather impressive.

Natwa!!! I commissioned a Harley & Poison Ivy piece from him last year. Easy to communicate with and great dude! Here's his instagram for more of his work: https://www.instagram.com/natwa/?hl=en

Harley and Poison Ivy - Nathaniel Melendez.jpg

1 minute ago, Ron C. said:

This one just came in this afternoon....  an incredibly detailed Medusa from Natali Sanders.

Medusa Natali Sanders.jpg

I heard the story about this piece.....Wrong medusa but awesome nonetheless.   I would take that in a heartbeat!

23 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I heard the story about this piece.....Wrong medusa but awesome nonetheless.   I would take that in a heartbeat!

You will have to let me know the story. My guess is that someone commissioned one version and was not pleased with getting a different one.  This is actually the original version that I most frequently envision (over the FF #36/Inhumans depiction).

Edited by Ron C.