• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOST or STOLEN: Ron Frenz & John Byrne - WHO'S WHO UPDATE '87 #5 - Titano

28 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Due to time differences I wasn't around to reply;

I really don't know the details, which is why I can't tell if it was lost, stolen

or dumped (title is 'lost or stolen').

My friend was trying to help me, scanning a few pages (as I requested)

and then rushed home to pack them and ship them my way.

We only found out the piece was missing once I got it in my hands.

According to my friend, STAPLES was the only stop before going home

and packing my art. Since the art was scanned (the scan on my CAF),

it's evident that it did arrive STAPLES and probably been left there by accident,

stuck in the machine or taken from there.

I wish we had more details, but we just don't know for sure.

My friend was really trying his best to help me and is just as bummed

(he offered to pay for it again and again, I declined as he shouldn't be

punished for his good deeds).

Wish I could go "dumpster dive" myself... :(

Gal, have you or your friend called to check and see if Staples has it in a Lost and Found box? I know that many people on here have suggested that, so maybe that's a good place to start looking. I, honestly, don't think anyone would have crumpled it up and thrown it away, as most people would take it to the counter and say "hey, someone left this in the scanner."

Gal, have you or your friend called to check and see if Staples has it in a Lost and Found box? I know that many people on here have suggested that, so maybe that's a good place to start looking. I, honestly, don't think anyone would have crumpled it up and thrown it away, as most people would take it to the counter and say "hey, someone left this in the scanner."

I was talking more about an employee getting paid a little more than minimum wage chucking things out rather than taking the time to put it in lost and found and then later having to deal with with a lost and found box.

I called the Staples on 500 Hamilton Ave and the copy and print person told me they don't have it. Sorry, Gal. It seems like you're already taking the loss putting up the companion piece for sale, but if you want to a good chance to recover it the safe and legal way, you have to file a report with the Campbell police department.

Here's a link to file a crime report with the Campbell Police Dept. If you scroll down you'll see a link that says "lost property."

I called the Staples on 500 Hamilton Ave and the copy and print person told me they don't have it. Sorry, Gal. It seems like you're already taking the loss putting up the companion piece for sale, but if you want to a good chance to recover it the safe and legal way, you have to file a report with the Campbell police department.

Here's a link to file a crime report with the Campbell Police Dept. If you scroll down you'll see a link that says "lost property."

Hi Jay,

I'm thankful for your great help !

I'll ask my friend if hr might be able to do that.

And yes, due to the circumstances, I'm actively looking to sell

my other page so I could move on, without having to be reminded

of the ordeal (instead of enjoying the art for it's merits).

I've made a seperate post on the subject on the 'Market place' section.

Thanks again,

Gal

Gal, Have you asked the store manager to review the camera footage to see if it was thrown away or if someone took it home with them. It might help you get closure or find the person who has it.

My friend is on a vacation.

I don't think he'd be allowed to do that once he returns,

or if they'd still have the tapes (digital ny now, right ?).

Thank you fot the advice, though, I do appriciate it.

Gal