• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age MEDICAL covers.
3 3

143 posts in this topic

****Nurse, Doctor, Hospital, Ambulance, Red Cross, etc Post em! ****

Thought i'd kick it off with some War Comics (which is a genre along with Jungle, and Western i have VERY FEW of -maybe under 7 in each genre), but sometimes having things you don't usually collect come in handy for trades and such.

This Ziff Davis issue of G.I. Joe is notable to me because the cover was issued a year the code was in effect, but the cover screams unmentioned volumes. The Nurse with the torn dress, the enemy soldier in the getaway jeep, lucky Joe is there to meet out some justice! I hoard this one when ever it pops up. Probably my best copy, and my favorite War cover

G.I.%20Joe%2035_zpsezi7xidk.jpg

Another War one i think is cool. Courtesy of Fawcett. Book has a violent splash for Fawcett. I may post these also in the War Thread with interior shots. Love the colors and image.

Soldier%20Comics%208_zpsz86xq3xb.jpg

From War to Crime: This Doc is about to 'get the treatment' from this wanna be patient, courtesy of Ace Periodicals

Crime%20Must%20Pay%20The%20Penalty%2019_zpsnqlogrp4.jpg

Round the first covers off with a light hearted (well maybe not for the cat) medical cover., also Ace Periodicals (giant)

Fun%20Time%202_zpsudemeh2i.jpg

That's it for me (for now). Dialing 911......

Edited by Sagii

****Nurse, Doctor, Hospital, Ambulance, Red Cross, etc Post em! ****

Thought i'd kick it off with some War Comics (which is a genre along with Jungle, and Western i have VERY FEW of -maybe under 7 in each genre), but sometimes having things you don't usually collect come in handy for trades and such.

This Ziff Davis issue of G.I. Joe is notable to me because the cover was issued a year the code was in effect, but the cover screams unmentioned volumes. The Nurse with the torn dress, the enemy soldier in the getaway jeep, lucky Joe is there to meet out some justice! I hoard this one when ever it pops up. Probably my best copy, and my favorite War cover

G.I.%20Joe%2035_zpsezi7xidk.jpg

Nice thread idea Sagii.

I really like this one too and that's a great looking copy.

I have two copies but I'm not sure that makes me a hoarder. lol